Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  New Support System Feedback

Posted Jun 04, 2019 04:49 PM

Now that we are using the new support tool for tickets, we have a few questions/comments about the new Support site.

1. The sorting capability does not seem to be working for Product Name
    2. I am not able to filter by Product name (we have a number of Products at MSU but I am only interested in PPM)
    3. I would like to be able to filter on other fields.  It looks like the only option is status.  The check boxes take a little getting used to.
    4. It would be really helpful if the export to excel could have additional fields, especially closed date.  I was really hoping Closed Date would be exposed for reporting purposes with the new tool.
    5. Historically we have had tickets under two site ids.  It looks like I only have access to the newest site id.  We need to have access to those other tickets for historical purposes.

Any insight to these concerns would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: New Support System Feedback

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2019 07:39 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello Jon,

for the case status filters and the export to excel I hope the following info might help (see CustomerPortal.JPG)

As for the different site IDs, I believe if you are set up for several site IDs you should be able to select under your profile which site ID you currently connect to to view the cases.

Hope this helps.

Ruth

• 3.  RE: New Support System Feedback

Posted Jun 13, 2019 10:08 AM
    Hi Ruth,
    Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately there is not a field that I have access to where I can change the site ID.  I looked in my profile and it does not display.

I understand the basic filtering that has been provided.
    For the filtering, I am looking for some basic functionality as well as a little more advanced filtering.  Nothing terrible unique, just filtering that is available in most systems.

When I click on the header for Product Name, it appears to be trying to sort by product name but nothing happens.  This functionality works for all the other fields.  Is this a defect or working as expected?  Since my focus is on PPM, those are the tickets that I am concerned about and there seems to be no way to filter out the other tickets.  In the old system we were able to filter by this field.

I would also like to be able to get access to the closed date field for sorting and for exporting.   The last modified date does not work because in the past I have experienced situations where closed cases have been modified months later and then show up as being recently "closed".

It would be nice if there was some kind of Power Filter to be able to get the information that I need out of the system.

Thanks,
    Jon