Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  IBM Automation Control

Posted Jan 20, 2020 04:20 PM
    Is SETROPTS CLASSACT(RACFVARS) LIST  in the RACF commands is a reference to the Resource Class NODEs or to the ALL record in Top Secret?  Read portions of the RACF manual.  Could not find resource class RACFVARS in the TSS documentation.  

Please let me know.

Thanks.
    M.

• 2.  RE: IBM Automation Control
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 11:51 AM
    Hi Michael,

RACFVARS are RACF variables. There is no equivalent in CA Top Secret, so there are no equivalent TSS commands.

-Kris

------------------------------
    Kris Horgen
    Technical Writer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: IBM Automation Control

Posted Jan 23, 2020 08:06 AM
    ​Kris,

That answers my question.  Thank you.

Mike.

• 4.  RE: IBM Automation Control

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 09:28 AM
    Hi Mike and Kris,

To elaborate on Kris' correct answer, there is no equivalent to the RACF SETROPTS command in Top Secret.

Cheers,
    ~Eileen~

Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: IBM Automation Control

Posted Jan 23, 2020 12:29 PM
    Now there I would venture a qualified disagreement. I think of the TSS MODIFY command as analogous to RACF SETROPTS. What I would say is not equivalent is the class-activate and refresh functions of SETROPTS; TSS doesn't work that way. But lest Mr Simpson misunderstand, SETROPTS and MODIFY both display and modify various settings, so they're not ~completely~ different.

---
    Bob Bridges, robhbridges@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313

/* "Poor Diogenes; if you knew how to get on with people you wouldn't have to live like that." / "Poor Aristippos; if you knew how to live like this you wouldn't have to get on with people." -a condensation of their respective schools of thought a few centuries BC */

• 6.  RE: IBM Automation Control

Posted Jan 23, 2020 01:08 PM
    Thank you for all your responses; you answered my question.

• 7.  RE: IBM Automation Control

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 01:16 PM

Hi Bob,

The question here is if there is an equivalent command that needs to be issued.  Although you are stating that SETROPTS and MODIFY may do similar things, there has never been a time when converting RACF commands to Top Secret commands that a MODIFY was needed (or told in the conversion) to be issued.  ;-)

Cheers,
    ~Eileen~

Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom