Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  Cleanup -- report on ALL resource types?

Posted Oct 05, 2018 09:17 AM

Is there a way to get the Cleanup Reporting program to report on ALL resource types?  And, also, ALL DB2 types?

• 2.  Re: Cleanup -- report on ALL resource types?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 12:16 PM

To report on all classes just don't specify anything in the //INCLUDE DD * statement in your Cleanup JCL

Sample JCL can be found at:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-cleanup/12-1/en/reporting/ca-cleanup-for-top-secret-reports#CACleanupforTopSecretReports-ReportUtilityJCL

This section documents the following:

* The INCLUDE file is optional and allows selective reporting. While the default is to report all items, you can use the INCLUDE and EXCLUDE files to selectively report items.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Regards,

Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support

• 3.  Re: Cleanup -- report on ALL resource types?

Posted Oct 05, 2018 01:54 PM

Joe,

The report documentation (and I have used this) is clear on how to limit the report to just Logonids and how to limit the report to just dataset rules.  But, there is nothing in there that describes how to limit it to just resource rules or DB2 rules.

I know I can get this by not specifying anything, but that will be HUGE and it will have to be run a number of times to process the results in a methodical manner.

Barry

<mailto:BarrySchrager@cs.com> BarrySchrager@cs.com

(970) 331-1143

• 4.  Re: Cleanup -- report on ALL resource types?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 06:03 PM

Barry,

Sorry mis-read the question. I thought you wanted all resources including the DB2 ones.

I am not aware of anyway to list out all the DB2 rules without specifying each one.via CLASS.

Please open a support ticket if  you would like to pursue this further.

Regards,

Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support