Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Posted Oct 26, 2018 03:37 PM

I have a couple questions:

1)  In TSS is there an equivalent of RACF's UACC (universal access)?  suppose I want to activate a new class to allow all users READ access (UACC/READ), how would you code this?    

2)  so as not to break anything, what is the command to activate the new class in WARN mode?  or a new dataset profile for that matter.

thank you, bobby

• 2.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 03:48 PM

There isn't a TSS command equivalent for the UACC RACF command

• 3.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 03:52 PM

To grant access to all users you can grant the access to the ALL Record

• 4.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Posted Oct 26, 2018 04:03 PM

surprise-alarm:  It depends from the AUTH control option, whether the permissions of the *ALL* record are effective or take part in the best-match algorithm. 

• 5.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 04:07 PM

You are correct

• 6.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Posted Oct 29, 2018 02:36 PM

thank you, our AUTH is set to the default override so i believe this will work...search user, profile, ALL in that order.  

can someone advise me to the 2nd question...how to create a resource in WARN mode, such as a new dataset profile..regards

• 7.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2018 02:49 PM

you cannot put a dataset in WARN Mode.

You can permit the dataset with ACTION(AUDIT) if you want an audit record cut every time the permit is used to allow access, but in fail mode, if the user is not authorized to the resource, there is no way to cut a violation but still allow access.  

• 8.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Posted Oct 29, 2018 03:33 PM

Thanks Robert, I suspected…I will go the ACTION(AUDIT) route

Bobby Sagami

HNA Mainframe Platform security

• 9.  Re: TSS equivalent of RACF's UACC

Posted Oct 31, 2018 06:20 PM

Robert,

Actually, that is not true.

Using the TSS Installation Exit (TSSINSTX) at exit point "DATASET", you can set a return code of twelve (12), which will cause the current resource access check to be performed as if the accessor ID were in "WARN" mode.

Please note that the RDT entry for resource class ID "DATASET" must first have "ATTR(EXIT)" set.

This may be undesirable in that all resource access checks for resource class ID "DATASET" will then be routed thru the TSS Installation Exit (TSSINSTX).

John P. Baker