Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  Transition to password phrases (by copying passwords into pw phrases)

Posted Mar 01, 2018 03:37 AM

Hello everyone,

The company we're working with started considering the use of password phrases with greater complexity instead of passwords. I made some changes in a test environment and put new password phrase rules into effect. However, since passwords and pw phrases are seperate, a user cannot simply change his/her password with a phrase. The only way I could find was to add a new password phrase to each ACID, with a command like "TSS ADDTO(ACID) PHRASE(Ab#12345678,,EXP)", then force them to change upon their first signon attempt. But this leads to a major problem that is reaching out to every individual about their passwords.

I wonder if the whole thing could be made simpler. Product documents do not mention such commands but, I'd welcome if there is a way to copy the current password into password phrase field, either lead or trailed by a string of characters Ab#123, to make them compliant with the new policy i.e "TSS ADDTO(ACID) PHRASE(Ab#123|PASSWORD,,EXP)" So that we could inform all users at once about the new policy rules, changes we made to their passwords and the actions they need to take. Any ideas?

Regards,

Perit

• 2.  Re: Transition to password phrases (by copying passwords into pw phrases)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2018 10:31 AM

Perit,

Passwords are not viewable or listable, therefore you cant  cut and paste it.

Please open a ticket with support if you would like us to research it further.

Regards,

Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support

• 3.  Re: Transition to password phrases (by copying passwords into pw phrases)

Posted Apr 23, 2019 09:22 AM

Perit, did you ever get a resolution to this issue? We have the same issue. I did open a case and was basically told that's the way it works. From a business solution perspective the current process is ugly, having to assign each of 1,000 users a new, unique password and then have to communicate that to them before they can log back on. May with multiple customers now pressing for an improvement it will see some attention.

Thanks