Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  WHOHAS includes wrong resource

Posted Jun 03, 2016 09:31 AM

I just did a WHOHAS on a fully-qualified DSN and got an unexpected result.  My command was

TSS WHOHAS DATASET('<HLQ>.SROA.CW2CCC.AMLR1851')

...and among the results I got back this:

XAUTH     = <HLQ>.S+++.*.*.SECT00+                           ACID(AMLBTCHP)
       ACCESS  = ALL

Unless I'm missing something, this is wrong.  I didn't ask about DSNs that start with the above spec; I quoted the string, which I gather means that exact DSN; and there's no SECT00 in that name.  Yet I'm reluctant to believe that TSS is just wrong; I gotta be looking at it wrong.  Can anyone tell me what happened here?

• 2.  Re: WHOHAS includes wrong resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 09:44 AM

Try issuing the TSS WHOHAS with DATA(LITERAL)

TSS WHOH DSN(<HLQ>.SROA.CW2CCC.AMLR1851) DATA(LITERAL)

• 3.  Re: WHOHAS includes wrong resource

Posted Jun 03, 2016 10:49 AM

That's worse:

TSS WHOHAS DATASET(HLQ.SROA.CW2CCC.AMLR1851) DATA(LITERAL):

DATASET    = HLQ                                       OWNER(GENDSND )

TSS0300I  WHOHAS  FUNCTION SUCCESSFUL

No access reported at all, whether I quote the DSN or not, which is also wrong; about half a dozen ACIDs have some kind of access to DATASET(HLQ.)

And had it worked, it wouldn't have answered my question, which is still: Why does the WHOHAS command treat a fully-qualified DSN as if it were just a prefix?  Only now we have a second question:  What's wrong with the DATA(LITERAL) argument, that it behaves like the above?

• 4.  Re: WHOHAS includes wrong resource

Posted Jun 03, 2016 02:43 PM

Based upon your output, I am assuming that you do NOT have PTF RO75118 applied.

I recommend that apply PTF RO75118 and then retest using the most appropriate TSS WHOHAS command syntax, as detailed in my separate posting under this topic.

• 5.  Re: WHOHAS includes wrong resource

Posted Jun 03, 2016 01:30 PM

For MASKABLE resources, the following rules apply -

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8(resource-prefix)

This command will return all permits where the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS command is a prefix of the resource ID specified in the permit AND all permits where the resource ID specified in the permit is a prefix of the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS WHOHAS command.

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8('resource-prefix')

This command will return all permits where the resource ID specified in the permit is a prefix of the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS WHOHAS command.

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8(resource-prefix) DATA(LITERAL)

This command will return all permits where the resource ID specified in the permit is an exact match to the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS WHOHAS command.

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8('resource-prefix') DATA(LITERAL)

This command will return all permits where the resource ID specified in the permit is quoted and is an exact match to the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS WHOHAS command.

For NOMASK resources, the following rule applies -

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8(resource-prefix)

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8('resource-prefix')

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8(resource-prefix') DATA(LITERAL)

TSS WHOHAS resource-class-ID-8('resource-prefix') DATA(LITERAL)

These commands will return all permits where the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS command is a prefix of the resource ID specified in the permit AND all permits where the resource ID specified in the permit is a prefix of the "resource-prefix" specified in the TSS WHOHAS command.

It appears that the TSS WHOHAS command needs to be updated in support of NOMASK resources, specifically in respect to the code enhancements introduced by PTF RO75118.