Top Secret

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TSS CICS SPI resources

• 1.  TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted May 29, 2015 11:50 AM

I need verification on the JOURNALNAME and JOURNALMODEL SPI resources with in TSS.  RACF specifies CCICSCMD(JOURNALNAME) and CCICSCMD(JOURNALMODEL) as resources for RACF.  In the CA Top Secret for z/OS Implementation: CICS Guide it specifies that SPI resource is JOURNAL for the command JOURNALNAME/JOURNALNUM.  What is the SPI resource for the command JOURNALMODEL?  The reason for this is I have found resources being specified for JMODEL and JOURNALM.

• 2.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted Jun 02, 2015 11:36 AM

Is anyone able to assist this user with their question?

Thank you

• 3.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted Jun 02, 2015 06:06 PM

CA-TSS Implementation Guide for CICS on page 114 lists SPI(JMODEL)

However it also lists SPI(JOURNAL) for "JOURNALNAME/JOURNALNUM" and we have found the resource to actually be SPI(JOURNALN)

• 4.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted Jun 03, 2015 10:39 AM

Currently reviewing the documentation I have also found that SPI(JOURNAL) and SPI(JMODEL) are documented in the CA-TSS Implementation Guide for CICS.  All I am requesting is verification that when users uses the CEMT or EXEC CICS commands for JOURNALNAME and JOURNALMODEL that the CA-TSS SPI resources are JOURNAL and JMODEL.

Also note that JOURNALNAME is used for CICS Transaction Server 1.2 and above, where JOURNALNUM is used for CICS 4.1 and CICS Transaction Server 1.1.  This is also in the documentation.

• 5.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted Jun 03, 2015 10:59 AM

for JOURNALNAME AND JOURALNUM - the resource appears to be SPI(JOURNALN) - that is based upon audit records showing that resource class and resource name used by CICS Region started tasks.

We have not seen any requirement or usage of SPI(JMODEL) on multiple large production z/OS LPARs in the last 36 months (that is how far we can go back for TSSUTIL / audit records).

otherwise - perhaps someone else can chime in here and provide response.

• 6.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted Jun 04, 2015 11:31 AM

Would it be possible to change the maxown length to accomodate SPI name length? This would have to be incorporated into the product to avoid issues whenever new releases are implemented

Steve..thanks for pointing out CICS impl p114-117..Should solve the issue.

• 7.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2015 02:11 PM

SPI(JOURNALM) should be used and not SPI(JMODEL).

Please let me know if you have an further questions.

Joe

• 8.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Posted Jun 11, 2015 03:32 PM

Joe,

Currently I was able the resource SPI(JOURNALM), it only appeared in a list for the command keyword DISCARD.  SPI(JOURNALM) was found at http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec435526.aspx.  The other command keywords of INQUIRE and SET specifies SPI(JMODEL).  Is there a change in the works for the TSS documentation for CICS to identify this resource?

• 9.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 05:06 PM

Checked with documentation team to see if there were any plans in the works. Currently, there isnt. I will open an internal  doc update request with the the documentation team to have the changes made. Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Regards,

Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support

• 10.  Re: TSS CICS SPI resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2015 01:50 PM

Just wanted to let you know I submitted a doc update with the requested changes. Please let me know if the are further questions.

Thanks,

Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support