Top Secret

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

If a 4 character RESOURCE is defined in the RDT as NOMASK, can it be added to the AUDIT record with only the first character?

• 1.  If a 4 character RESOURCE is defined in the RDT as NOMASK, can it be added to the AUDIT record with only the first character?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2015 04:41 PM

Can I add a resource to the audit record, specifying only a single character of the 4 character resource when the resource is defined in the RDT as NOMASK and then track the usage of all iterations of that resource that begin with that single character?

• 2.  Re: If a 4 character RESOURCE is defined in the RDT as NOMASK, can it be added to the AUDIT record with only the first character?

Posted Mar 16, 2015 04:47 PM

Can someone help with this question?

Thank you

Jerry SCOTT wrote:

Can I add a resource to the audit record, specifying only a single character of the 4 character resource when the resource is defined in the RDT as NOMASK and then track the usage of all iterations of that resource that begin with that single character?

• 3.  Re: If a 4 character RESOURCE is defined in the RDT as NOMASK, can it be added to the AUDIT record with only the first character?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2015 05:24 PM

Jerry,

I believe 2 is the minimum prefix you can specify. The RDT entry for the resource would also need to have GENERIC as an attribute for the resource class. If its is NONGENERIC, then prefixing is not allowed for the resource class.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Joseph Porto - CA Level 1 Support