IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  connection between IDMS V19 and sysview 15.0

Posted Sep 04, 2020 02:36 AM
    Hello,
    I want ask, where I can found any manual for connection IDMS to sysview. I was searching in techdocs for IDMS and also sysview product. But I didn't found anything.
    Also I try found info about message :

GSV2314W IDMSINFO EXTRACT System is not initialized

but also without success. 

Do have anybody experience with it? Thanks for any advice or link to documentation.

• 2.  RE: connection between IDMS V19 and sysview 15.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2020 08:41 AM
    The IDMSINFO started task must be running before a Perfmon running on a CV can monitor other CVs on the same LPAR.  Sysview also uses IDMSINFO services. 

Documentation on IDMSINFO can be found under system operations.  I found this doc page.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/database-management/ca-idms/19-0/administrating/administrating-ca-idms-system-operations/idmsinfo-service-provider.html

• 3.  RE: connection between IDMS V19 and sysview 15.0

Posted Sep 10, 2020 01:48 AM
    Hi Lynn,
    thanks for information. I will setup and start this STC.

• 4.  RE: connection between IDMS V19 and sysview 15.0

Posted Jun 08, 2021 08:30 AM
    one additional question regarding this IDMSINFO task. For me is not so clear this note:
    The IDMSINFO service provider must be active to be able to use the remote monitoring feature of Performance Monitor.

So if I want have connected sysview with IDMS, then started task IDMSINFO must run and enabled IDMS tool: CA IDMS Performance Monitor ?
    (for example : in output of command : DCPROFILE , in part : Product Intent status , CA IDMS Performance Monitor must be YES)

Is it like this, is CA IDMS performance monitor condition for it?

• 5.  RE: connection between IDMS V19 and sysview 15.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2021 11:28 AM
    I don't believe you need to have the product intent bit set on the CV that you want to monitor through Sysview.  But I believe Sysview will do an LMP check for a PM license, so that must be installed on the system.