IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  CA IDMS Roadmap Webcast is Tomorrow!

Community Manager
    Posted Jan 07, 2020 10:13 AM
    Good morning, everyone. This post is just a quick reminder that @Sheila Miller, @Nakesha Newbury and I will be hosting our first CA IDMS roadmap webcast of 2020 tomorrow (January 8) morning at 11 a.m. ​​

We are expecting a big crowd already -- but I want to make sure that everyone who might be interested is aware of the session and can register. 

We hope to see you there!

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 2.  RE: CA IDMS Roadmap Webcast is Tomorrow!

Posted Jan 09, 2020 03:28 PM
    Hi,
    I listened with great interest to the IDMS roadmap webcast.  ​I have question about the installation process for new Continous Delivery (CD) release, CA Recommended Service (CA RS) and product fixes. We actually use CA Chorus Software Manager to Receive and Apply any fixes or new functionnality. Now, in your documentaion, you talk about  CA SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval to acquire product maintenance, Service update PAX or IBM z/OSMF for software install. What is the future for the CA Chorus Software Manager ?
    Thank you
    Alain Roberge

• 3.  RE: CA IDMS Roadmap Webcast is Tomorrow!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2020 05:32 PM
    Dear Alain,

Happy New Year. 

As you may have heard we are not developing a new MSM nor are we enhancing the current supported MSM (6.0) with new features.  
    Our development teams have a partnership with IBM to build a function in z/OSMF called Software Update that is "MSM Like". 
    There is no GA date for this as it is still a work in progress.

At current, there are no planned dates for MSM to go EOL or EOS (END OF SUPPORT or END OF LIFE) dates.

Thanks and best regards,
    jb

Sr. Support Engineer
    IDMS, MSM & MRI (Mainframe Resource Intelligence)

• 4.  RE: CA IDMS Roadmap Webcast is Tomorrow!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 11:13 PM
    Broadcom is currently implementing a new platform-wide standard of mainframe software management in collaboration with other major vendors. If interested, there is a short article on this topic on our Software Tech Blog here

There is an upcoming community webcast next week focusing on the same topic. In this session, they will talk about the Broadcom implementation of the new software management standard and how it impacts existing CA MSM users.

Best Regards,
    Nakesha Newbury
    Product Owner, CA IDMS

Sr. Product Owner, CA IDMS
    Broadcom