IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  differences between IDMS running like job and STC

Posted Mar 22, 2021 08:32 AM
    Hello,
    I want ask if exist any differences between IDMS running like JOB and STC?
    I care about customer who has IDMS running like jobs. Because IDMSes are jobs, their start/stop are managed by control-M. I have experiences only with IDMSes running like STC. So from my point this is some old solution ( IDMS like jobs and managed by Control-M) and I want change those IDMSes to STC and managed by OPS (EVENT MANAGEMENT AND AUTOMATION).

Do you know about any limitation or differences between IDMS job and STC?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: differences between IDMS running like job and STC

Posted Mar 23, 2021 03:30 AM
    Hi Jan,
    yes, few years ago we migrated the whole production from job to stc to have the advantage from the control by the system automation. Few weeks ago we did the same with the remaining development CVs.
    The most important thing you have to take care is that all the db-files have to be allocated dynamically. 
    And the biggest challenge during all these migrations was the security setup. Because you have to change the technical user to the stc user. But with a good support from the security colleagues that should be possible.
    Kind regards
    Josef

------------------------------
    Systems Engineer
    T-Systems
    Germany
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: differences between IDMS running like job and STC

Posted Mar 23, 2021 05:02 AM
    thanks for information. One more question : by this dynamic allocation of DB-files you mean that those DB-files must be in IDMS started JCL or it is something else?

• 4.  RE: differences between IDMS running like job and STC

Posted Mar 24, 2021 03:12 AM

Hi,

No, you have to take care that all the files you databases have to be defined in the related segments like:

*+   CREATE                                                                    

*+   FILE V75Z01.V75FPU000                                                     

*+       ASSIGN TO PU000                                                       

*+       DSNAME 'JCH0A.ASD.J.PU000A'                                           

*+       DISP SHR                                                              

*+       NONVSAM                                                               

*+       FILE BLOCK SIZE 13680 CHARACTERS                                      

*+       BLOCKS 1 THRU 287 MAP TO AREA V75APU00 PAGES 5800001 THRU 5800287     

*+       BLOCKS 288 THRU 13228 MAP TO AREA V75APU01 PAGES 5800288 THRU 5813228 

*+       OVERRIDES FOR DMCL JCVD020                                             

*+           BUFFER WCV20B01                                                   

*+           SHARED CACHE DEFAULT                                              

*+           MEMORY CACHE NO                                                    

*+       ;                                                                     

You have to take care that no db-file is available anymore as dd-statement in the STC.

Kind regards

Josef

• 5.  RE: differences between IDMS running like job and STC

Posted Mar 24, 2021 03:22 AM
    So it was opposite than I think. Thanks now it is clear.

• 6.  RE: differences between IDMS running like job and STC

Posted Apr 05, 2021 07:25 AM
    Thanks for this information

Regards