IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Last Day at Broadcom

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 12:11 PM

Hello everyone –

As some of you know, tomorrow (6/26/20) will be my last day with Broadcom.

I've been with IDMS since 1985, and added Datacom support sometime this century. So, like many of you, I have seen the product through Cullinet; Computer Associates; Computer Associates, Inc; CA; CA Technologies; and now Broadcom (did I miss any?). The management has changed, the online support systems have changed, but IMHO the validity & strength of the product(s) have continued to evolve, mature, and grow to meet the business world's changing demands.

I greet this personal change with a lot of emotions, predominant in which is sadness at leaving the amazing team of colleagues who write, support, & manage the code; and all of you - the smart, warm-hearted, and involved users in the Communities. You certainly keep us Support folk on our toes! And, of course, your use of IDMS & participation in the IUA Community have given me a great job for 35 years. 

Thank you for all of the warmth, acknowledgement, and hard work you have shared over the years. It's been a privilege to work with (and hopefully help) you all, and to build personal connections with many of you. I will miss you as a group and individually.

If you want to keep in touch, my personal email is Cal@CalTherapy.org. I hope you are all staying as safe & sane as possible in these unprecedented times. Best wishes to you all moving forward. Warm regards & hugs, Cal

------------------------------
    Cal Domingue
    Principal Software Engineer
    CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company
    San Francisco, CA
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Last Day at Broadcom

Posted Jun 25, 2020 12:27 PM
    Cal,

I hope your last day is full of excitement and energy for the future, (Not a sign of  sadness and regret).

It's been a pleasure and a privilege to have known you for much of your time with CA , You've always been friendly, supportive,  helpful and professional. (A difficult balance to attain, but you seemed to manage it with ease). My wife Shirley also remembers you with a smile and extends her affection and best wishes too.

I have every intention of keeping in touch (but I've been notoriously bad at that in the past).  

Sending best wishes.

Regards

Steve Rundle

Unless stated otherwise above:
    IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
    Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

• 3.  RE: Last Day at Broadcom

Posted Jul 02, 2020 04:33 PM
    Thanks, Steve! Working with you & knowing you has been a joy. Please say hi to Shirley for me also. Sending you both my best wishes, - Cal