IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  How do I see a record name after a failed obtain

Posted Jan 22, 2014 05:31 AM

On an ADS module, I do an obtain and I get a return code 0326 (record not found). If I did not know which record I had done the obtain on, is there a generic field like for example RECORD-NAME that would return me the record name that I had just tried to do an obtain on? ERROR-STATUS contains the result of the most recent call to IDMS, is there a similar field containing the record name?

• 2.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] How do I see a record name after a faile

Posted Jan 22, 2014 05:49 AM
    You should be able to get the information you want using the field ERROR-RECORD.
    There is also ERROR-SET and ERROR-AREA.

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
    Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
    CCG Information Technology
    Thermo Fisher Scientific
    300 Industry Drive
    Pittsburgh, PA 15275
    Direct: 724-517-2633
    FAX: 412-490-9230
    Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com

From: CA IDMS IUA EIUA Global User CommunityMessage Boards [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:31 AM
    To: mb_message.15281477.107970468@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Application Developer Issues] How do I see a record name after a failed obtain

On an ADS module, I do an obtain and I get a return code 0326 (record not found). If I did not know which record I had done the obtain on, is there a generic field like for example RECORD-NAME that would return me the record name that I had just tried to do an obtain on? ERROR-STATUS contains the result of the most recent call to IDMS, is there a similar field containing the record name?
    Posted by:neliso
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb_message.15281477.107970468@myca-email.ca.com
    https://communities.ca.com

• 3.  RE: How do I see a record name after a failed obtain

Posted Jan 22, 2014 06:24 AM

You can access the items Chuck mentioned (Error0Record, Error-Set, Error-Area) by the ACCEPT verb - see syntax tree in attached "snip" from naual! Of course in desperation you could also SNAP the OWA (an ADS supplied identifier) which contains the Subschema-Ctrl area - and you would see all of these fields as well as last good Record and last good Area along with DBKEY etc! Up to you I suppose ...

HTH - cheers - GaryC

• 4.  RE: How do I see a record name after a failed obtain

Posted Jan 23, 2014 12:55 PM

You can compile the dialog with symbol and diagnostic tables on and you will get all the pertinent information regarding the 0326.  Then with those on, you can trace the code or use debug if need be.