IDMS

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opened ye

Eugene Sinan

Eugene SinanMar 08, 2019 02:33 PM

Eugene Sinan

Eugene SinanMar 13, 2019 12:14 PM

• 1.  After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opened ye

Posted Mar 08, 2019 02:30 PM

IDMS DC013016 V30 T0 SECURITY SYSTEM INITIALIZATION BEGINNING                          
    IDMS DC013017 V30 T0 SECURITY SYSTEM INITIALIZATION COMPLETE                           
    IDMS DC088071 V30 T0 Initialization TCP/IP environment started.                        
    IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. 
    IDMS DC088073 V30 T0 Initialization TCP/IP environment terminated. TCP/IP is not active.
    IDMS DC256015 V30 T0 Queue initialization complete                                     

SYSGEN definitions                        Run-time information                       
    ======================================    ======================================     
    Default status                      ON    TCP/IP status                NotActive     
    Default TCP_NODELAY option         OFF    TCP_NODELAY option                 OFF     
    Max number sockets             DEFAULT    Max number sockets               65535     
    Max number sockets per task    DEFAULT    Max number sockets per task      65535     
    Plugin module                 RHDCD1IP                                               
    Services file                      OFF                                               
    Default stack                 TCPIP       Default stack                  DEFAULT     

V30  ENTER NEXT TASK CODE:      CA IDMS release 19.0 tape GJJ04I node IDMST          

• 2.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 08, 2019 02:33 PM

Here is the inquire from SYSGEN;

DIS TCPIP                                                         
    *+   ADD TCP/IP                                                   
    *+       DEFAULT STATUS IS ON                                     
    *+       DEFAULT TCP_NODELAY OPTION IS OFF                        
    *+       DEFAULT STACK IS TCPIP                                   
    *+       MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SOCKETS IS DEFAULT                     
    *+       MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SOCKETS PER TASK IS DEFAULT            
    *+       PLUGIN MODULE IS RHDCD1IP                                
    *+       SERVICES FILE IS OFF                                     
    *+       .                                                        

• 3.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:05 PM

Hi, 

You should verify that the HOME directory specification within the OMVS Segment for the UID used in your CV startup is valid.

Dave

• 4.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:16 PM

According to our Security Department (Alex) it was added, the error of (156) no longer appears on startup, but this message appears now, if I remember from one of the other CV'S we applied the SQL to this error meant that the PORT was not active. The port is scheduled to be opened on Tuesday so I will see on Tuesday if the message stills appears on startup. I compared all information between the CV that is working to this CV and all is the same except:

The port 33130 is not open yet.

D PT TCPJSRV                       
              Logical Term ID TCLJSRV        
             Physical Term ID TCPJSRV        
             Physical Line ID TCPIP          
           Physical Term Type TCP/IP List    
          Physical Term Model                
         Physical Term Status OutSrv         
          Logical Term Status InSrv          
                    Task code RHDCNP3J       
                    Task mode SYSTEM         
                  Port number 33130          
                      Backlog     5          
          Maximum connections   OFF          
           Active connections     0          
         Connections rejected     0          
             IP specification *none (*DEFAULT)
                  PARM string TASK=IDMSJSRV  
              Number of Reads 0000000        
             Number of Writes 0000000        
        Number of Read Errors 0000000        
       Number of Write Errors 0000000        

D LT TCLJSRV                       
            Logical Term ID TCLJSRV        
          Logical Term Type Interactive    
              Autotask Code None           
              Break/Nobreak                
           Physical Term ID TCPJSRV        
           Physical Line ID TCPIP          
        Physical Term Model                
       Physical Term Status Outsrv         
            Number of Reads 0000000        
           Number of Writes 0000000        
                      Debug Inact          

D LINE TCPIP                                   
         *** Physical Line Display ***                   
    PLine-ID TCPIP                                       
      Status InSrv                                       
      Opened 2019-03-08-15.11.06.998214                  
      Module IP                                          
     Plug-in RHDCD1IP                                    
    LTerm-ID PTerm-ID Type/M Status  Port Target-host    
    TCLJSRV  TCPJSRV  LIST   OutSrv 33130                
    TCL0001  TCP0001  BULK   Discon                      
    TCL0002  TCP0002  BULK   Discon                      
    TCL0003  TCP0003  BULK   Discon                      

• 5.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 12, 2019 11:10 AM

The Firewall for the Port has been setup, using TSO NETSTAT:

EZZ2587I TCPIP    0000000B 127.0.0.1..1025        127.0.0.1..1024        Establ
             sh                      

But the job   DSYS190 does not appear in the list, (There is no CICS associated with this CV), also this CV is

REL 19.0.

The previous CV that was done:

EZZ2587I CICSAPP1 0000460A 0.0.0.0..19000         0.0.0.0..0             Listen 

EZZ2587I CICSAPP1 00004609 0.0.0.0..1081          0.0.0.0..0             Listen 

EZZ2587I CICSAPP2 00004606 0.0.0.0..1082          0.0.0.0..0             Listen 

EZZ2587I DADB10RQ 00004602 0.0.0.0..33100         0.0.0.0..0             Listen 

Any thoughts

Thanks,   

• 6.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 11:52 AM
    Hi 
    During CV startup and the TCP/IP initialization process, the TCP/IP line driver checks the availability of the defined TCP/IP stacks.
    If no stacks are active  i.e. available then a 12238 status is returned.  You can issue DCMT D TCPIP ALL to display the current status
    of the TCP/IP stacks.
    Best Regards,
    Dave Pomeroy      IDMS SE

• 7.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 12, 2019 01:26 PM

Here is the display from DCMT D TCPIP ALL:

======================================    ======================================  
    Default status                                      ON                                 TCP/IP status                NotActive  
    Default TCP_NODELAY option          OFF                TCP_NODELAY option                  OFF  
    Max number sockets                 DEFAULT                Max number sockets                    65535  
    Max number sockets per task    DEFAULT                Max number sockets per task      65535  
    Plugin module                           RHDCD1IP                                            
    Services file                                         OFF                                            
    Default stack                                    TCPIP                Default stack                  DEFAULT  

Statistics                                                                        
    =====================================================                             
    Number of sockets currently open                            0                             
    Number of sockets created                                       0                             
    HWM of concurrent open sockets (global)                0                             
    HWM of concurrent open sockets (1 LTERM)           0                             
    Number of socket reads                                           0                             
    Number of socket writes                                          0                             
    Number of accepted connections rejected              0                             
    Number of DDS      connections rejected                0                             
    Number of listener connections rejected                0                             

Hostname  IP address       Job name    Active  IPv6                               
    ========  ===============  =========== ======  ====                               
                               <NotAvail>     N                                       
                  PAGE 00001 - NEXT PAGE:                   

Here is the display of the CV that works:

D TCPIP ALL                                                               
    Default status                                      ON    TCP/IP status                                 Active
    Default TCP_NODELAY option          OFF    TCP_NODELAY option                 OFF
    Max number sockets                 DEFAULT    Max number sockets                     65535
    Max number sockets per task    DEFAULT    Max number sockets per task      65535
    Plugin module                          RHDCD1IP                                          
    Services file                                        OFF                                          
    Default stack                 TCPIP                       Default stack                  DEFAULT

Statistics                                                                      
    =====================================================                           
    Number of sockets currently open                             1                           
    Number of sockets created                                       35                           
    HWM of concurrent open sockets (global)                3                           
    HWM of concurrent open sockets (1 LTERM)            2                           
    Number of socket reads                                            34                           
    Number of socket writes                                           23                           
    Number of accepted connections rejected                0                           
    Number of DDS      connections rejected                  0                           
    Number of listener connections rejected                   0                           

Hostname  IP address       Job name    Active  IPv6                             
    ========  ===============  =========== ======  ====                             
    MVSTECH   10.21.2.4        <NotAvail>     Y      N                              
                  PAGE 00001 - NEXT PAGE:                                                                            

• 8.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 01:51 PM

On the CV that has a TCP/IP stack active can you issue D PT TCPJSRV ?   What is the value for IP specification ?

• 9.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 12, 2019 03:35 PM

This is from the CV that has the TCP/IP stack active CV 55:

D PT TCPJSRV                                                            
              Logical Term ID TCLJSRV                                             
             Physical Term ID TCPJSRV                                             
             Physical Line ID TCPIP                                               
          Physical Term Model                                                     
         Physical Term Status InSrv                                               
                    Task code RHDCNP3J                                            
                    Task mode SYSTEM                                              
                  Port number 33100                                               
                      Backlog     5                                               
          Maximum connections   OFF                                               
           Active connections     0                                               
         Connections rejected     0                                               
             IP specification *none (*DEFAULT)                                    
                  PARM string TASK=IDMSJSRV                                       
              Number of Reads 0000034                                             
             Number of Writes 0000000                                             
    V55  ENTER NEXT TASK CODE:      CA IDMS release 18.5 tape GJI50B node IDMSA   

• 10.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 04:37 PM

In the startup JCL for CV30 add the SYSIDMS statement  INCLUDE_TCP/IP_STACK=TCPIP  this should force the line driver to search for this stack. Also I can assume the TCPLSRV listener defined on CV looks similar to the one on CV55?

• 11.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 13, 2019 11:15 AM

I added the SYSIDMS statement to startup also the PTERM TCPJSRV is defined as a listener. I still get the error. The TCPJSRV is defined the same a CV55.

Would it better to open a case and maybe do a WebX? Let me know?

Thanks!!

CV30:

DIS PTERM TCPJSRV.                              
    *+   ADD PTERM TCPJSRV                          
    *+       DATE CREATED IS      03/06/19          
    *+       DATE LAST UPDATED IS 03/12/19          
    *+       PREPARED BY SPERS                      
    *+       REVISED  BY SPERS                      
    *+       ENABLED                                
    *+       IN LINE TCPIP                          
    *+       MAXIMUM ERRORS IS 3                    
    *+       PRINTER CLASS IS 1                     
    *+       READBUFFER                             
    *+       TYPE IS LISTENER                       
    *+       TASK IS RHDCNP3J MODE IS SYSTEM        
    *+       PORT IS 33130                          
    *+       BACKLOG IS 5                           
    *+       PARM IS                                
    *+           'TASK=IDMSJSRV'                    
    *+       MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CONNECTIONS IS OFF   
    *+       .                                      

CV55:

DIS PTERM TCPJSRV.                            
    *+   ADD PTERM TCPJSRV                        
    *+       DATE CREATED IS      09/14/18        
    *+       PREPARED BY SPERS                    
    *+       ENABLED                              
    *+       IN LINE TCPIP                        
    *+       MAXIMUM ERRORS IS 3                  
    *+       PRINTER CLASS IS 1                   
    *+       READBUFFER                           
    *+       TYPE IS LISTENER                     
    *+       TASK IS RHDCNP3J MODE IS SYSTEM      
    *+       PORT IS 33100                        
    *+       BACKLOG IS 5                         
    *+       PARM IS                              
    *+           'TASK=IDMSJSRV'                  
    *+       MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CONNECTIONS IS OFF 
    *+       .                                     

SYSIDMS parms --> PREFETCH=OFF                                            
    SYSIDMS parms --> JOURNAL=OFF                                             
    SYSIDMS parms --> INCLUDE_TCP/IP_STACK=TCPIP                              
    IDMS DC390009 V30 STARTING IDMS-CV/DC INITIALIZATION - R19.0 SP 4         
    IDMS DC391511 V30 Lock Manager for Warmstart initialization Complete       

IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000.    
     IDMS DC088073 V30 T0 Initialization TCP/IP environment terminated. TCP/IP is not active.  

• 12.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 11:21 AM

Yes please open a SC case it may be easier.

B/R

Dave Pomeroy IDMS SE

• 13.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 13, 2019 12:14 PM

I opened a Case (01321403) as a number (4).

• 14.  Re: After installing SQL on 1 of our CV'S and the access was added for the UID for OPMVS segment, I get the following message at startup 'IDMS DC088070 V30 T0 Error during TCP/IP initialization. ERRNO=12238, REASON=00000000. '. The PORT has not been opene

Posted Mar 15, 2019 12:28 PM

The CV 30 now comes up with the TCP complete: Our Security team made an update this morning.

IDMS DC088072 V30 T0 Initialization TCP/IP environment completed. TCP/IP is active.
    IDMS DC256015 V30 T0 Queue initialization complete                                 
    IDMS DC013004 V30 T0 ATTACHING DRIVER FOR LINE UCFLINE                             
    IDMS DC013004 V30 T0 ATTACHING DRIVER FOR LINE TCPIP                               
    IDMS DC088001 V30 T15 Line TCPIP Pterm TCPJSRV listener initiated on port 33130    
    IDMS DC091001 V30 T0 ATTACHING PRINTER CONTROL TASK                                
    IDMS DC013013 V30 T0 ATTACHING LOADAREA CLEANUP TASK                               

I am having trouble getting into my cases to update it (01321403).