IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Installing REL 19.0, could someone tell me if there are any new DCMT commands for this release that are not on REL 18.5.

Posted Mar 11, 2019 11:17 AM

I am assisting in upgrading to REL 19.0 from REL 18.5, wondering where I can find if there are any new DCMT commands with this new release or could someone tell me if there are any? 

• 2.  Re: Installing REL 19.0, could someone tell me if there are any new DCMT commands for this release that are not on REL 18.5.

Posted Mar 11, 2019 11:25 AM

See here for New and enhanced commands and parameters

New Features and Enhancements - CA IDMS - 19.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Installing REL 19.0, could someone tell me if there are any new DCMT commands for this release that are not on REL 18.5.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2019 11:30 AM

Hi, Welcome to CA IDMS 19.0!

Beginning with CA IDMS 19.0, all user documentation is delivered only via online at CA IDMS - 19.0.

Note that you must be signed into the site, using your support credentials, to access the full documentation set.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact me:

Pam Sarantos

Lead Technical Writer for CA IDMS

pamela.sarantos@broadcom.com

• 4.  Re: Installing REL 19.0, could someone tell me if there are any new DCMT commands for this release that are not on REL 18.5.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2019 11:50 AM

Hi -   If you check the documentation links already provided, you will notice that the only new DCMT commands for 19.0 are DCMT to:

1- dynamically vary zip off and on 

2- vary the log. 

DCMT Vary zIIP dynamically enables/disables the IDMS system from using the zIIP processor. The zIIP processor can only be varied if the SYSTEM is brought up with ZIIP=Y. For more information on this command, see System Tasks and Operator Commands.

DCMT Vary Log calls the WTOEXIT user exit to offload the Log. For more information about how this address is generated, see System Tasks and Operator Commands.)

I hope this additional detail is helpful. - Cal Domingue, CA Principal Support Engineer