IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Using MQ from IDMS

Posted Jun 21, 2016 12:05 PM

For those of you using MQ, how are you providing programmatic access?
    Third party interface?

In-house developed interface?

Something else?

Regardless of the interface in use, what programming language(s) are you using?

ADS?

COBOL?

Assembler?

PL/I?

Other?

For the record, we use MQ, but it is from the CICS environment. I have recently been asked to determine whether or not we can access MQ directly from IDMS, specifically from within the ADS environment. We are looking for ideas, suggestions, pitfalls, etc. We know that there is an IDEA in the system asking for MQ access from within IDMS, but there is no indication that it is "around the corner" or "light years away".

For those vendors out there, please refrain from making a sales call or pitch. This discussion is purely for the thought process. Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this.

• 2.  Re: Using MQ from IDMS

Posted Jun 21, 2016 03:34 PM

Hi Chuck,

We use OCA-MQseries which is now under Rocket Software.  The application programs are all Cobol (some called by ADS).  We have a few utility programs that use the IBM data areas, mostly Cobol I think but might be an assembler to two that I'm forgetting about.

John

• 3.  Re: Using MQ from IDMS

Posted Jun 24, 2016 10:44 AM

Hello Chuck.

At Brazil, we have a client using In-House simple COBOL Batch IDMS program to access MQ to put and get from queue.

• 4.  Re: Using MQ from IDMS

Posted Jun 24, 2016 10:54 AM

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the application developers want to do it from within CV, real time, and from ADS.

Charles (Chuck) Hardee<mailto:Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com>

Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration

EAS Information Technology

Thermo Fisher Scientific

300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275

Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230

Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com<mailto:Chuck.Hardee@ThermoFisher.com>  | www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete all copies.