IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  How do I move documents between categories?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 02:13 PM

Hello CA Community,

I am hoping someone might be able to assist with me my concern.  Is there an article that describes how to manage documents between categories.  For example, if an article was added to an incorrect category and I would like to move the article into the correct category without having to recreate it.  Can someone help me with this? 

Suggestion: Maybe a front-end GUI could be added to CA Knowledge to assist with moving articles using a click and drag method instead of having to jump through hoops.  Just  a thought!

Thank you in advance and I do apologize if this question has already been answered.

• 2.  Re: How do I move documents between categories?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 11:09 AM

Hi - Are you asking about things which have been logged here in the Communities, such as changing a question to an idea? If so, the only ones that area easily changed are changing discussions to questions, or questions to discussions. I don't believe there is a way to move them to other categories, but I will double-check that.

If you're asking about something else, please update this thread with more specifics and I can research further for you. Regards, Cal

• 3.  Re: How do I move documents between categories?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 01:31 PM

In CA Knowledge -

If an article has been saved in the wrong folder, is there a simple way to relocate / move the article into the correct folder?

Thank you

Kelly

• 4.  Re: How do I move documents between categories?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2016 12:04 AM

Hi Kelly,

This community is for CA IDMS, a mainframe product. I'm not familiar with CA Knowledge. Is that the name of the product? Or a component of another product? What operating system does it run on?