CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Negative Dependency Wildcards

Posted Sep 05, 2019 07:58 AM
    I have a job that was set up previously in CA7 with a negative dependency set as ?EW*. I'm not sure if the use of wildcards work with the requirements as I have not found this usage in the manual anywhere. I have noticed that there are more jobs set this way as well and just didn't know if it has just been lucky that there has been no contention or if I am just missing the wildcard use in the manual

• 2.  RE: Negative Dependency Wildcards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 10:25 AM
    The example you provide :  ?EW*     represents an invalid form of a "conditional" dependency. You stated negative dep. That would require a slash.... for example: /EW*.

You can not wildcard job dependencies - example: JOB?A. 
    You can use a generic job dependency - example: JOB*
    You can use a negative generic job depenedency - example: /JOB*

You can not use a conditional generic dependency like the example you provided: ?EW*

It will allow you to define it that way, but the requirement will be satisfied when the job enters the queue. 

• 3.  RE: Negative Dependency Wildcards

Posted Sep 05, 2019 10:42 AM
    The programmer I am dealing with told me that the job already had the negative dependency and all i can see is the ? instead of the normal /. I will change this to the / and see how it works for them. Thanks for the reply

• 4.  RE: Negative Dependency Wildcards

Posted Nov 28, 2019 01:24 PM
    See if it was not a case of a "maybe" requirement as we use to call it...

A conditional job dependency is indicated by prefixing the predecessor job name with a question mark (?). If job A is conditionally dependent on job B, then job A will depend on job B only if job B is in the request, ready, or active queues when job A enters the request queue

------------------------------
    Production Support Analyst
    IBM
    ------------------------------