CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SSCAN,SCAN=HLD--not retained

Posted May 12, 2020 11:33 AM
    Very frustrated...

I noticed that when I do the SSCAN,SCAN=HLD option--that it is not retained through a bounce.

I've already opened a ticket--and it was confirmed.  

What I am having a hard time understanding is why has it never been made an issue before?  If you use DSN triggers and you bounce CA-7, jobs can still be triggered into the queue and take off if the queues have been started.

My only option at this point is open an idea--which will probably never get implemented into the product.  I will also have to do something such that the command is issued again once CA-7 has been bounced.

Has anyone else had this issue?

• 2.  RE: SSCAN,SCAN=HLD--not retained

Posted May 12, 2020 04:07 PM
    Penny

I experienced that many years ago, and since then what we do is to follow what is instructed on Chapter 11 of Best Practices Guide about Disaster Recovery for a Scheduled Outage:

"... to bring up CA WA CA 7 Edition with the queues stopped, use STOPQ=YES on the SCHEDULE statement in the initialization file.)"

If any job is triggered in by a DSN or a job is demanded via trailer step by the time CA 7 comes up, it will stuck in the queue so you will have a chance to issue SSCAN,SCAN=HLD, a HOLD,Q=REQ and a HOLD,Q=RDY commands.

We could not find another workaround for this.

Regards

------------------------------
    [CA7 / Endevor Tool Support Analyst]
    [IBM]
    [Sao Paulo / BR]
    ------------------------------