CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA-7 Security

Posted Aug 22, 2019 10:52 AM
    We are using CA-7 12.0 along with RACF. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that if I have the resource L2CAARTS removed from someones access, that it would only impact the ability to issue the ARTS command in CA7. I've referred to the CA-7 Security Tables PDF and page 8 states that this resource is for ARTS.

I haven't worked too much with the security side of things so I'm wondering what all will be impacted if the L2CAARTS resource was removed from someones current access.

• 2.  RE: CA-7 Security
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 11:16 AM
    Edited by Lenn Thompson Aug 26, 2019 10:08 AM
    Hi Travis,

Yes, removing access to the L2CAARTS resource will only affect a user from issuing the ARTS command in CA7 to interface with CA11.

Regards,
    Dai Nguyen
    CA7 
    Support

• 3.  RE: CA-7 Security

Posted Aug 22, 2019 11:32 AM
    Good deal. So safe to say I can refer to that PDF and find the resource and match it to the command and can say that removing the resource will only impact the command associated with that command?? Or is there is more to consider when reviewing resources such as L2*

• 4.  RE: CA-7 Security

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 11:43 AM
    Hi Travis,

Yes, each command has its own resource and if you remove access to whichever command resource, it will only affect that command.

Regards
    Dai Nguyen
    CA7 Support

• 5.  RE: CA-7 Security

Posted Aug 22, 2019 12:07 PM
    Great thanks so much Dai! Appreciate your time.