CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA7 Dependency and Triggers Report

Posted Oct 23, 2019 05:38 AM
    I have created a system to display the structure of a cycle between selected jobs graphically.

To do so, I have obtained details of triggers and dependencies but have had to use reports that were not designed to be machine readable so I have had to create logic that ignores superfluous lines in the report.

For dependencies use commands such as:

LJOB,JOB=A0*,LIST=RQJOB,EXEC=N
    LJOB,JOB=B0*,LIST=RQJOB,EXEC=N

or

LJOB,JOB=A0*,LIST=RQJOB,EXEC=Y
    LJOB,JOB=B0*,LIST=RQJOB,EXEC=Y

and LJOB,JOB=A0*,LIST=TRIG,EXEC=N  etc for triggers.

Is there an established report that could provide the triggering and triggered jobs preferably together with SCHID and EXEC flag please?

In addition to the graphical solution, I have also used the approach to verify that there are no omissions in dependencies.

------------------------------
    Capacity Planner
    Fiserv
    UK

• 2.  RE: CA7 Dependency and Triggers Report
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 03:11 PM
    Hello... If you are running CA 7 r12 or r12.1 you can use sql to extract this information from the Datacom database in report format. But, if you are running r11.3 (which does not use Datacom) for the database, this information can be extracted using commands, but the output will have to be parsed to get it in a readable report format...

-Roderick

• 3.  RE: CA7 Dependency and Triggers Report

Posted Oct 25, 2019 04:36 AM
    Thank you. Unfortunately, we are on Release 11 so the approach I used seems to be the best available.

Capacity Planner
    Fiserv
    UK