CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  if we receive a certain email once a day say... I there a way to make CA7 do something because of that?

Posted May 03, 2021 02:53 PM
    situation,   we receive an email from a company letting us know they finished processing our file.   My boss would like me to find a way to let a job waiting in the ca7 queue go when we receive this email, v/s reading the email and then manually releasing the job.   

Is there a way this is possible with what CA does now?

------------------------------
    RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas

• 2.  RE: if we receive a certain email once a day say... I there a way to make CA7 do something because of that?

Posted May 04, 2021 06:10 AM
    ​Don't know if that's possible but to achieve an automated process we make use of the U7SVC / DSN POST using the RUNTASK option within Connect:Direct.  Maybe an option ?

• 3.  RE: if we receive a certain email once a day say... I there a way to make CA7 do something because of that?

Posted May 04, 2021 09:33 AM

Sounds like you could set up the file (dataset) for CA-7 dataset triggering and not need to even need the emails anymore. There should be information about dataset triggering in the manuals but it works something like this:

The vendor/company makes updates to a file on the PC side and then FTP's it to the mainframe, creating an unique dataset name. This unique dataset is defined and linked in the SASSXDSN load member, which is specified in your CA7SFxxx parm member. It also needs to be defined in CA-7 as a trigger. CA-7 will detect the dataset when it is created and auto triggers job or jobs to run. Final step in your processing should be to delete the dataset once all processing is completed successfully, so that it's ready to start the process all over when the dataset arrives the next day.

Joe Ploeger

z/OS Mainframe Systems Programmer

Office of Information Technology (OIT), Development, Security and Operations

Infrastructure Operations (AITC Station 200) (005OPA31E)

• 4.  RE: if we receive a certain email once a day say... I there a way to make CA7 do something because of that?

Posted May 10, 2021 04:18 PM
    This is a LARGE print file we sent to THEM.  We receive an email when they are finished with the print and at that time we run a job to put a copy of that print in a file that members can view.  (this is a statement file).   Right now we have to look for the email and manually start the job.   We are trying to find a way to automate it.

RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas