CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Requirement Jobs

• 1.  Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 22, 2021 02:05 PM
    I have a job which is a requirement to another job. This past weekend it was noticed that Job A ran without waiting for the requirement job. I have looked back through the history archive tapes to see if maybe someone had posted the requirement and did not see this as happening. I demanded in my job A on hold to look at the requirements and noticed that my requirement job was not there in the list of jobs. I then tried adding the requirement to a test job and demanded in the test job and the requirement did not show on the test job either. I have compared a lot of different jobs on the DB.1 screen to see if there was a difference there and did not see any  difference. Has anyone else had an issue where a requirement does not show up after being added?

• 2.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 24, 2021 09:37 AM
    Lennie,
    On DB.3.2 screen are there pred specifications by SCHID? 
    What CA7 command was entered to view the preds?  Was it a command that shows the 'satisfied' and 'unsatisfied' requirements?

For Example:
    LQ,JOB=STARTCRT,LIST=RQMT
    LIST=RQMT JOB=STARTCRT DATE=21.054 PAGE 0001

JOB QUEUE CA-7 -DAY(DDD) AND TIME(HHMM)-- CPU SCH ENTRY MSTR JOB
    NAME NAME JOB# DEADLINE SUB/START DUE-OUT SPEC/RUN ID MODE REQ STATUS

STARTCRT REQ 4431 054/1654 *NONE* 054/1700 ALL- 001 SSCN 001

------------------------- REQUIREMENTS STATUS -------------------------
    ___X___ INTERNAL JOB=DA29 DATE/TIME=21054/1445 (JOB )
    _______ INTERNAL JOB=DYA20 DATE/TIME=21054/0735 (JOB )
    ___X___ INTERNAL JOB=UV52 DATE/TIME=21054/1500 (JOB )

SLIF-00 REQUEST COMPLETED AT 15:10:39 ON 21.054

Thanks,
    Bob Scheideler
    Mutual of Omaha

• 3.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 24, 2021 09:56 AM
    Bob,
     When this issue was brought up to us, we actually demanded in the job on hold so we could check the requirements on the job. Once we went into the job in the XQ to look at the requirements, that's when we noticed that the requirement was not even on the job. We added the same requirement job to a test job and demanded that job in on hold, and the requirement was not there either. Somehow this job is just not coming up as a requirement

• 4.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 24, 2021 01:09 PM
    Lennie,
    If the pred requirement is actually connected OK but is satisfied (for some reason) the XQ command only shows unsatisfied requirements. The 'LQ,JOB=JOBNAME,LIST-RQMT' will show satisfied and unsatisfied requirements for the Job in the queue. If the LQ output shows the pred as satisfied (_X_ INTERNAL JOB=Jobname) the pred is getting satisfied somehow (pred out of sync, pred job ran within Lead Time, Lead Time is 0 ... etc.). Just a thought. 
    Thanks  Bob S.

------------------------------
    Bob Scheideler

• 5.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 25, 2021 05:35 AM
    What type of leadtm are you using on the job?  Are you using a conditional req(?) or leadtm=99?

• 6.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2021 11:49 AM
    At the moment I have no lead time specified nor any conditional requirements. Even after demanding the job in on hold just to be able to check what requirements come out on the job, that one particular job does not show up in the requirements

• 7.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 12:00 PM
    How many requirements does this job have?

• 8.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2021 12:09 PM
    The actual job has a total of 41 requirements. I have also taken the one job that's not showing up and added it to a test job. When the test job was demanded in on hold to check, the job did not show up on that job either, but still shows in the DB.3.2 screen on both jobs

• 9.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2021 12:35 PM
    Lennie,
    Please open a support case and we will take a look to see what is going on.

• 10.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2021 02:37 PM
    Please let the peanut gallery here know what happened or fixed the problem.   I'm really interested in knowing what the deal is.
    thanks

RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas

• 11.  RE: Requirement Jobs

Posted Feb 26, 2021 02:56 PM
    Turns out that my requirement job runs daily and the job the requirement is on runs monthly. The developer was not requesting a lead time, so no lead time was added. The no lead time was causing the job requirement to be satisfied once the job came into the ready queue