CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  JCLERR Jobs

Posted Dec 06, 2018 08:09 AM

Hello, I am wondering if there is a CA7 parm in the CA7 init file that allows a job to go the REQ with a status of R-JCLERR if the job attempts to run and gets a jcl error.

On one of our systems I can remove a comma for continuation on the job card and the job will go back to REQ with a status of R-JCLERR but on another system of ours if I do the same thing, it does not. We are on r12

• 2.  Re: JCLERR Jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2018 10:38 AM

Hello,

Some JCL Errors can not be tracked by CA7 due to the lack of SMF Data. In this instance, if your job has an invalid job card the job never executes. Therefore, CA7 does not know what happened to the job.

Regards,

CA Support 

• 3.  Re: JCLERR Jobs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2018 11:28 AM

Sivart1089,

There are options in the init deck for requeue. Can you please send the init files for both systems for review.

mark.warren@broadcom.com and I will review and get back with you.

Thanks

Mark Warren

• 4.  RE: Re: JCLERR Jobs

Posted Jul 25, 2019 08:56 AM
    Mark, Can you provide a link to the requeue options for the init deck. We have a similar situation in that a job gets a JCL error, prior to execution because of a top secret violation on dataset access. At a previous employer, we used the CA VIEW exceptional condition processing and I just ran a test, hoping the job would kick back to CA7 but it's still hung in the active queue.  Maybe I missed something to "connect" the CA VIEW exception processing and tying it back to CA7 (I wasn't involved with support/set up at the previous employer).

------------------------------
    Mainframe Systems Engineer
    Regions Bank
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Re: JCLERR Jobs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2019 08:24 AM
    When CA 7 submit a job and it gets pre execution JCLERR like you stated, the requeue option will not cause the job to be tracked or requeued. Do to the lack if SMF feedback CA 7 is unable to track the job.