ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ESP WA install in a Citrix environment

Posted Jun 24, 2020 01:22 PM
    Does anyone have the ESP WA client running in Citrix? 
    If so, do you have any recommendations for installing?
    I saw one tech bulletin about a registry change for the location of the profile.
    I'm not a citrix person, so if possible to get our citrix admins to talk would be nice as well.

Thanks

Richard

------------------------------
    Richard McIntosh
    Cerner
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: ESP WA install in a Citrix environment

Posted Sep 04, 2020 02:44 PM
    If you are referring to the Ca workload automation client. Yes my company has it installed in Citrix. I am not the Citrix guy either but am happy to reach out to them and ask if there was anything special they had to do.

• 3.  RE: ESP WA install in a Citrix environment

Posted Sep 06, 2020 10:16 AM
    I'd also be interested in hearing how your citrix folks got it all to work Dustin.   For our citrix users, our support has set up what they refer to as 'floating profiles' so that no matter what  device you log in from your settings, tied to your userid follows you around.  This works perfectly for everything except the workstation.  What we see is if say we have 5 test citrix users access the workstation,  and each of the 5 users save their own views to a profile as they exit their workstation session,  next time you log on via citrix a user can see each and every one of the profiles all 5 users created rather than just seeing their own as one does when working from a normal desktop workstation.   
        I don't speak citrix but they say the normal %USERID variable that is tied to one's logon id for the floating profile, works for everything in citrix EXCEPT for the workstation...like the workstation simply ignores the %USER variable. 
    Because of this we cannot open up the workstation to our citrix users in production as having dozens or hundreds of profiles they'd have to wade through when they logged into the workstation would be prohibitive.

• 4.  RE: ESP WA install in a Citrix environment

Posted Sep 06, 2020 10:20 AM
    I'd also be interested in seeing the 'techincal bulletin'  you cite that refers to citrix and workstation if you can please send me that or where you found it?  thanks