ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do I schedule a REST API POST to trigger a process on remote system?

Posted Nov 01, 2021 10:12 AM
    Current setup: User schedules a .bat job on their application server where an esp resides.
    WIN_JOB
    AGENT xyz
    CMDNAME D:\path\process.bat
    ARGS gohere
    ENDJOB

Desired: Part of the application is moving to a cloud environ which can be accessed by API calls.

My interpretation is the ESP Manager would be issuing a POST to the cloud server.

How do we modify the APPL workflow to schedule an API call ? 
    What does the job definition look like? 
    Is there a separate place to store the logon/usrid/password that ESP will be using to log onto the cloud server that can't be seen at the appl level?
    How does the ESP Manager know when the API call, and then the process invoked, has successfully completed?

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas, Loraine

• 2.  RE: How do I schedule a REST API POST to trigger a process on remote system?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2021 10:42 AM

Just FYI, Loraine has opened a support ticket. 

And following has been provided:

ESP is a mainframe application and it can't interact with cloud application directly. 

So one possible solution is, that ESP will schedule an agent NT_JOB, which will issue the POST command to the REST API.

Lucy

• 3.  RE: How do I schedule a REST API POST to trigger a process on remote system?

Posted Nov 03, 2021 11:21 AM
    Thanks Lucy,
    It seems so obvious now, I'm having a forehead slapping moment.  :)
    The user will be running an NT_JOB which executes a python script which connects to the remote system to run the REST API POST, the last step of the API is to connect to the Manager to issue a POST API job/release to the next downstream job in the APPL.
    -Loraine

• 4.  RE: How do I schedule a REST API POST to trigger a process on remote system?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2021 01:43 PM

Hi Loraine,

Sounds like a plan. I will put the case in Pending for now. And please let me know if any help is needed.

And please don't hesitate to reach us for any question. As technologies change, ESP is trying to meet new requirements as well. And some solutions may not be documented. For example, Even we don't have the final solution yet, ESP can schedule some popular cloud applications thru POJO_JOB.

Best regards,

Lucy