ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Event Sensors Based on J2EE Subscribe or Get Messages

Posted Jan 27, 2020 09:49 AM
    ​Hello!

Would someone be willing to provide an example of an event level sensors that trigger jobs to run based on J2EE Subscribe or Get messages? 

An example of an in-app sensor similar to a file dependence would also work.

The documentation seems to indicate that this is possible to do, I am just not exactly sure how to go about doing it!

Thanks!

<JC>

• 2.  RE: Event Sensors Based on J2EE Subscribe or Get Messages
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2020 10:57 AM

Hi Jonathan,

If you are reading the PDF manuals when ESP 11.4 is GA'd, I strongly suggest that you use the online docs which contain more current information:
    See the doc link below:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/automation/ca-workload-automation-esp-edition/11-4/reference/commands/wobtrig-command-specify-an-event-level-sensor.html

Example: Trigger an Event When Notified by Agent Monitor JMSS_JOB
    In the following example, the event is triggered every time agent MyJMSAgent detects a message on the queue:
    WOBTRIG JMSS_JOB Agent(MyJMSAgent)  -
      DestName('Topic') Initial_Context('weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory')  - 
      Connection_Factory('JMSConnectionFactory') Location('t3://localhost:7001')  - 
      Topic(Yes)

Hope this helps,

Lucy

• 3.  RE: Event Sensors Based on J2EE Subscribe or Get Messages

Posted Jan 27, 2020 11:15 AM
    ​Lucy,

Thanks!  I checked both the old PDFs and online.  However, I was looking in the wrong place (Advanced User Guide rather than the Command Reference [WOBTRIG] )

Thanks again!

<JC>