ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone using ESP v12 Intelligent Experience?

Posted Sep 26, 2019 04:21 PM
    Hello Forum,   we currently use the mainframe based ESP v11.4 .  We have a number of users who are loathe to have to log on to a mainframe to monitor their jobs.   Many are using the Desktop client aok, but we are getting more and more off-shore analysts who connect via either something called 'virtual pc'  and many via Citrix  (ergo they have no 'desktop' of their own that they can install the CA Workload Workstation....and our
    Citrix guys are not having ANY luck at all with assigning a registry value so that a Workstation profile they create will be seen only by them.

I stumbled across a blurb regarding v12 Intelligent Experience, "allowing users to connect without the need to install a client or log onto a mainframe"

Anyone out there using this yet?   Assuming this would allow a job owner can see his/her appls and jobs as well as one can via the Workstation, it 
    might then be an alternative to Citrix.

Is this an additional charge item or is it bundled with ESP v12 ?

thanks all,

------------------------------
    Mike B

• 2.  RE: Anyone using ESP v12 Intelligent Experience?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 09:42 AM
    Hello Michael, 
    there are no additional charges for Intelligent Experience, as you mentioned it is bundled with ESP v12. Intelligent Experience doesn't cover the whole functionality of Workstation client yet, but can definitely bring value to analysts. 

Would you be interested in demo session? We can also use this session to cover any additional questions you might have. 

Daniel Remta
    Product Owner | ESP | Mainframe Division
    Broadcom

Product Owner
    CA

• 3.  RE: Anyone using ESP v12 Intelligent Experience?

Posted Sep 27, 2019 10:08 AM
    Hi Daniel,  thanks for the quick response.  I will send a private reply to you asking if you could email me directly outside of the Forum, so that I can use same to set up a dialog between you, me, and our ESP support staff here, regarding their specific questions and a possible demo.  We're upgrading our zOS to 2.3  next year and with it a number of OEM products.  Not sure if our ESP v11.4 was scheduled to be one of the planned upgrades, but if the new web interface will allow our users to simply monitor their executing and/or failed jobs and appls, without the need to install the Workstation desktop client, then that alone could sway us to go to v12 in 2020 as well.

thanks & regards