ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Open Shift containers and ESP/Agents

Posted Jun 24, 2020 12:48 PM

Hello All,

Had a group here today asking about launching Open Shift containers using ESP.  While I think there may be multiple ways of accomplishing that I was curious if anyone else has settled in on a process.  Is anyone using an HTTP WOB or possibly using an executable/script to launch and monitor the container.  

There may also be an option to actually have ESP in the container but that doesn't seem like it solves the problem of actually launching the process from ESP, but it could help in tracking the process to completion.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Len Mack
    System Engineer
    Progressive
    OH

• 2.  RE: Open Shift containers and ESP/Agents

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2020 10:55 AM
    Hi Len,

Is ESP ever going to run in the cloud: no. It is a mainframe product and will stay on the host.

Will ESP be able to control cloud applications. Yes, this is being handled by the agents team.

POJO job type can be used in ESP to manage OpenShift applications and jobs. We have already demonstrated this ESP capability for a few clients. We used OpenShift 4 and MiniShift environments for demonstration and we showed ESP application that does the following:
    • delete job with authorization via userid/password
    • create job
    • monitor job
    • create job failure (to show that even failures are processed correctly in ESP)
    • monitor job failure
    • scale up
    • scale down
    • monitor job based on YAML file
    • monitor job based on JSON file
    • monitor job based on JSON file with authorization via token

Environment included:
    • ESP V12.0 (but it could be also 11.4)
    • Agent installed on Windows (my laptop in this case, but it could be Linux box as well)
    • jar file from Rich to work with OpenShift environment
    • OpenShift 4 or MiniShift environment

If the described above is something of your interest, let us know and we will prepare a demo session for you.

Thank you!
    Best regards,
    Artem

Architect
    Broadcom