ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  zowe plugin for CA-ESP

Posted Apr 22, 2020 11:04 AM
    Hello team,

Is there already a Mainframe CA-ESP plugin available for zowe CLI?

If not, is there any plans for it to be developed?

Thanks
    Marcos Michelin

• 2.  RE: zowe plugin for CA-ESP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2020 11:54 AM
    Hi, 
    There are not currently any plans to develop a zowe Cli.  Currently the development team is building out the RestAPI that is available in ESP R12. 
    Your question peaked my interest. What would you expect to do with this CLI that would not be available in a normal RestAPI?

Don

• 3.  RE: zowe plugin for CA-ESP

Posted Apr 29, 2020 11:05 AM
    Hi Don,

Thanks for you answer.

I am current making use of the available RestAPI and IX and very happy with it. My question at this moment is more curiosity than anything else.

Zowe is receiving a lot of attention on IT companies and plugins are being developed to make use of API being available on the mainframe, like CA-VIEW and CA-ENDEVOR for example.

Maybe on the future it would be interesting having something for CA-ESP as well.

Thanks
    Marcos Michelin

• 4.  RE: zowe plugin for CA-ESP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 04:25 AM
    Hello Marcos, 
    we have Zowe on our radar and in the longer-term, we are considering the development of CLI plugin.

I am pleased to hear that you are making use of the RestAPI and IX. Are there any functionalities you would welcome? or are missing at the moment? 

I would also like to learn more about the specific use-cases for Zowe and ESP CLI plugin. Would you be willing to meet for a short discussion covering both topics? 

BR
    Daniel Remta

------------------------------
    Product Owner
    CA
    ------------------------------