ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to test ESP parm changes in pagemode before bouncing ESP ?

Posted Sep 01, 2021 04:55 PM
    Hello ESP Community,   I thought I read say something some time back that there is a way that one can test a change to a Masters ESPPARM file in pagemode for correct syntax etc.,  (much like one can test the loading of the agentdef file  with  the TEST keyword at the end of loadagdf pagemode command).

I'm hoping since one can test loading of an agentdef, there is also a way to pre-test the loading of ESPPARM changes before bouncing the master and possibly getting an unpleasant surprise due to lack of opposable thumbs.

Anyone know of any such pagemode command to allow pre-testing of changes to the master's ESPPARM file?

thanks!

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to test ESP parm changes in pagemode before bouncing ESP ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2021 11:21 AM

Hi Michael,

There is no ESP command can do it. But I find you a way around.

As you may already know, the PROC used by SADGEN step will reference ESPPARM. So after you make changes to ESPPARM, you can run SADGEN and see if any error will be reported.

I added "TEST" in ESPPARM, and the SADGEN step returned error below:

ESP806W FOLLOWING STATEMENT FROM ESPPARM HAS AN UNDEFINED PARAMETER
    ESP803W TEST

Hope this helps,

Lucy

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to test ESP parm changes in pagemode before bouncing ESP ?

Posted Sep 03, 2021 08:29 AM
    thanks Lucy!