ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ESP: Invalid ENVAR Specification

Posted Jun 29, 2017 11:06 AM

Hello!

I have added a couple of new ENVAR statements to a job definition.  However, when I simulate the event, I get an "Invalid ENVAR specification statement" message.  The odd thing is that I don't get this in our test environment, which is a second instance of ESP.  I have tried adding quotation marks to the path, re-ordering the statements, using a "-" to split the line as apposed to the "+" and I'm still getting the message.

Here is the job definition:

NT_JOB ZP138W01.TN                                            
      DELAYSUB 21:30                                              
      RUN MON                                                     
      CMDNAME \\wfepsp01\CPSW\ECMs\ZP138W01.bat                   
      ENVAR ENTITYNAME=TN                                         
      ENVAR FILEPATH="\\pinta\bcbst_common\Magellan Provider File\+
      BCBST_PRVS_*.txt"                                           
      ENVAR JOBNAME=%ESPAPJOB                                     
      AGENT WFEPSP01                                              
    ENDJOB

Here is what happens when the event is simulated:

==>ESP4103E Invalid ENVAR specification                                                  
    ==>ESP1800I ABOVE ERROR OCCURRED ON FOLLOWING STATEMENT IN JOB ZP138W01.SV               
    ==>ESP1007I ENVAR FILEPATH=\\pinta\bcbst_common\Magellan Provider File\BCBST_PRVS_SV_*.txt

I do know that a lot of maintenance has been applied to our test instance of ESP recently that we have not applied to production yet.  What I am wanting to know is, a). Is this a warning, would the app load?  and b) is there a PTF that addresses this issue that we may have applied to test, and we need to get into production as soon as we can.

I've looked at the message reference, and cannot find these messages. I have also reviewed the command reference for the ENVAR statement, and everything seems to be in order. 

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: ESP: Invalid ENVAR Specification
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 29, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi Jonathan, 

I tried out the appl statements and I did not get an error.  But my system has all the patches and then some....

I did not find a PTF that specifically mentioned the ENVAR statement. There are a couple that improved syntax checking. 

If you need help open  a case. 

You may be able to figure out what it is complaining about by simplifying the statement until there are no errors. 

Don

• 3.  Re: ESP: Invalid ENVAR Specification

Posted Jun 29, 2017 12:56 PM

Don,

That's kind of what I figured.  I am just unsure which PTF I need to ask our folks to promote.  What I'd also like to know is if this message prevents the event from loading, or if it is just a warning?  At this point, I'm happy running this with the message as long as I can be confident it will actually load in and run!  Otherwise, I'll have to wait 'till we can figure out the patching situation.

• 4.  Re: ESP: Invalid ENVAR Specification

Posted Jun 29, 2017 12:59 PM

Hi Jonathan, 

Sorry....I didn't answer that. 

I believe the application will build but this job will not run.