ESP Workload Automation

View Only

Identifying number of Session/Connections in ESPWSS

• 1.  Identifying number of Session/Connections in ESPWSS

Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:05 PM

I was wondering if there is an easy way to Identify the number of sessions in a WSS task?

I know I can issue the F ESPWSS,INET D A and then manually count the elements.  I was hoping there might be a better process than manual.  I would also need to use some NETSTAT commands to try and get a good number for Session/Connections.

A new command, for example,    F ESPWSS,INET D Conns    or   F ESPWSS,INET D Summary       would provide a single line display of all connections and their numbers

ESPWSSxxxxy xx.xx.xx.xx    2 connections   12 sessions         (one for each IP connection)

ESPWSSxxxxy Total MAX_CONN Used: X/TOTAL    Total LOIP Used: Y/TOTAL    Total PERIP  Used Z/TOTAL     (final summary line)

TOTAL is the number set via the WSSCTL SET PARM .  and X/Y/Z is what is currently used.  So if MAX_CONN is set at 800 and only 200 are used then the line would read   MAX_CONN Used: 200/800

That way I do not need to spend a lot of time writing code to try and do this.

Anyone else feel there is a need for some sort of Summary function in WSS to display totals of connections? 

Lizette