ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AS/400 Agent

Posted Apr 03, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi all,

is anyone here using the AS/400 ESP Agent, and if so, does anyone have experience with Robot scheduler?  We are looking to replace our Robot (as/400) scheduler with an ESP Agent, and wanted to know if the ESP Agent can do the same things Robot can do. 

• 2.  Re: AS/400 Agent

Posted Apr 04, 2018 04:12 AM

Hello

As you know we run an Agent on i5 servers, not a scheduler with its own database sitting on the i5 Server.

Here are different job types you can execute on an i5 server

- The i5/OS job lets you run a program or issue a command on an i5/OS system. You can run i5/OS jobs in the following file systems:

• Root file system
    • Open systems file system (QOpenSys)
    • Library file system (QSYS)

- You can also schedule most UNIX workload, such as UNIX scripts, in the PASE environment on the i5/OS operating system.

- You can also specifies the data for the local data area. The local data area is a temporary 1024-byte storage area that exists for the duration of the job. You can use the local data area to pass data to the job and to other programs that run as part of the job

- When an i5/OS job completes, the i5/OS system stores the output in a spool file that is created from the job's job log. These spool files are native objects on the i5/OS system.

- On i5/OS systems, you can define a Disk Monitoring job to monitor storage space in the file systems mounted on the i5/OS operating system

- File Trigger jobs let you monitor file activity. You can define File Trigger jobs for UNIX, Linux, Windows, or i5/OS systems.

- You can define an IP Monitoring job to monitor an IP address or a port on an IP address. An IP Monitoring job monitors for a running or stopped status. The job can return the result immediately or wait for the specified device to reach the specified state.

- You can define a Process Monitoring job to monitor the status of a process on the computer where the agent is installed.

- You can define a Text File Reading and Monitoring job to search a text file on a Windows, UNIX, or i5/OS computer for a text string. For example, you can monitor a log file for an error message after a script executes.

More details, depending on your scheduler:

Getting Started - CA Workload Automation DE - 12.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Or

CA Workload Automation AE and WCC- Source - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Docume… 

CA-7 on MainFrame can also run Jobs on the i5 System Agent

Regards

Jean Paul