ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to update the list of job types in CA WA Workstation EE?

Posted Apr 24, 2017 03:52 PM

I have an issue in my version of CA WA Workstation EE Version 11.3, Build 76 where the "INFORMATICA_JOB" definition is showing up as free form text in the Workload Editor instead of a separate job.  This causes the job to not show up in the graph, breaking the look of the workflow.  I see the jobs in the Workload Director, so I'm not sure what to do to fix this issue.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

• 2.  Re: How to update the list of job types in CA WA Workstation EE?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2017 04:21 PM

Hi Mike, 

I would upgrade the Workstation to a more current release.  Build 105 is the most current one.  Below are the steps to download. 

Go to the support website: https://support.ca.com

On the left hand side of the page

Download Center >> Published Solutions

"CA Workload Automation ESP Edition - MVS

Select a Component  CA ESP WORKLOAD AUTOMATION WORKSTATION

WINDOWS

Click ""Go"" to see all the builds"

1. Close CA Workload Automation Workstation EE before you apply the patch.

1. Use Windows Task Manager to close ConnMng.exe if it is running.

1. Use the Windows Add or Remove Programs applet to remove the currently installed version of the workstation.

4.Unpack the file to get the .zip file using CAZIPXP. CAZIPXP can be found at support.ca.com download page (scroll down) or get there directly click link below https://support.ca.com/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=navurl://9a76e244e67221e9c4f832b1d29cca4f   (Scroll Down)    

1. a) Put the CAZIPXP.exe and ROxxxxx in a very simple directory like C:\wks
    2. b) Open a Dos/cmd prompt
    3. c) CD to the dir
    4. d) Issue the command cazipxp.exe -u ROxxxxx.CAZ (xxxxx is the number of the patch)

Make sure to use RO not Rzero for PTF number"

1. Unzip the INSTALL directory from the delivered zip file.

1. Run setup.exe from the root location of the extracted files contained in this patch.

1. Start CA Workload Automation Workstation EE and log on to CA Workload Automation EE to verify the installation.

1. Select Help/About from the menu to verify the version.

• 3.  Re: How to update the list of job types in CA WA Workstation EE?

Posted Apr 25, 2017 01:12 PM

While I did not have access on the site to download a newer build, my company had build 92 available for install.  Applying that has fixed my issue.