ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ESP - Magpen and Sadgen (Lookback Details)

Posted Sep 07, 2015 10:25 AM

Hi all,

I have created the reports based on MAPGEN and SADGEN (FLOWDOC) for one of my scheduled application. In the SADGEN report I am getting the live scheduled details based on the job schedule. But for External jobs it is not giving the external application under which it is defined. Using MAPGEN we can able to get the application of external job. So to generate the Report for next batch run we are using the SADGEN for live data and MAPGEN for the application of external jobs. Is there any other option to get the Application under which the External job is defined in SADGEN Report. (

Note: We have same job running under different application)

Also in both MAPGEN and SADGEN report, if the external job is releasing some job and if it is having scope, it is reflected in the SADGEN report. But for most of the cases we are looking for yesterdays batch. So we scheduled the externals as (Scheduled Yesterday 7.00 to Today 6.59) and the Main job as (Scheduled Today 7.00 to Tomorrow 6.59). This case is not reflected in anyone of the reports. Please help me to identify the way that whether the job is looking for the PRED of today batch or yesterday / some other previous day batch.

Let me give a example for this scenario.

APPL COPYJOB

IF TODAY IS SUNDAY THEN

LOOKBACK = (Scheduled Yesterday 7.00 to Today 6.59)

ELSE

LOOKBACK = (Scheduled Today 7.00 to Tomorrow 6.59)

JOB FTPJOB EXTERNAL %LOOKBACK

RELEASE ADD COPYJOB

ENDJOB

JOB COPYJOB

RUN DAILY

ENDJOB

Thanks

Siva

• 2.  Re: ESP - Magpen and Sadgen (Lookback Details)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2015 10:54 AM

Hi Siva,

Do you have EXTERNAL specified on SADGEN statement?

EXTERNAL

Adds an extra entry on the SADGEN data set for each external job found within the specified scheduling criteria.

Generally ESP may not be able to resolve the variable accurately at forecast report time, will you consider to use following instead?

JOB FTPJOB EXTERNAL SCHED('7.00 TODAY UNTIL 6.59 TOMORROW')

IF TODAY('SUNDAY') THEN JOBATTR SCHED('7.00 YESTERDAY UNTIL 6.59 TODAY')

RUN DAILY

RELEASE ADD COPYJOB

ENDJOB

Hope this helps,

Lucy

• 3.  Re: ESP - Magpen and Sadgen (Lookback Details)

Posted Sep 17, 2015 10:44 AM

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the reply.

While creating sadgen report we used external option.

As you said, we tried by giving the scheduling directly without using variable. Still we cannot able to get the prediction for look back detail.

Thanks

Siva

• 4.  Re: ESP - Magpen and Sadgen (Lookback Details)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2015 03:35 PM

Hi Siva,

Thank you for the update.

In this case, I suggest that you open a support ticket, so that you can provide more data and we will help you further.

Lucy