ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ESP: HTTP Job Timeout

Posted Jun 03, 2019 08:51 AM
    ​We have some new HTTP jobs that take longer than 3 minutes before a code 200 is returned so that the job completes.  Unfortunately the agent is timing out after 3 minutes and failing the jobs.  After looking at the documentation for the Application Services plug-in, we added the following line to the agent parm file:

http.client.timeout=0

We've tried it several ways but so far the 3 minute time out persists.

I would like some examples of how to configure the agent so that HTTP jobs do not time out and fail after 3 minutes!

Thanks!

<JC>

• 2.  RE: ESP: HTTP Job Timeout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 11:17 AM
    Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to our new location!

Could you try with below and see if it works?
    http.client.timeout=300  /* this is for 5 minutes*/

And I suggest that you open a support case on this for possible code bug. I have done a quick search and couldn't locate any known defect.

Thank you,

Lucy

• 3.  RE: ESP: HTTP Job Timeout

Posted Jun 06, 2019 10:25 AM
    Lucy,

We tried this and it did not work.  We then tried it on a different server with a different agent, and we are still seeing a time out after 3 minutes. 

<JC>​

• 4.  RE: ESP: HTTP Job Timeout

Posted Jun 06, 2019 10:26 AM
    ​Lucy,

We tried this, and it did not work.  We then added that line to a different agent on a different server, and it still timed out after 3 minutes.  The developer verified that the process took 11 minutes on his end, but if this were a production job, it would have resulted in a ticket.

Please let us know if we should open a ticket at this point.

Thanks!
    <JC.

• 5.  RE: ESP: HTTP Job Timeout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2019 11:35 AM
    Hi,
    Do you see this log commons_wrapper_log.log?
    It will show you if the connection is being dropped by the network.  Waiting for 5 minutes is not a normal option.  Even if the agent is made to wait such long time, there is no guarantee if network will keep this alive.  

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande
    Broadcom