VM

View Only
  • 1.  Roscoe browse more than 16 mill records

Posted May 10, 2016 05:39 AM

Roscoe browse more than 16 mill records

• 2.  Re: Roscoe browse more than 16 mill records

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 09:27 AM

Roscoe does not browse.  Users can import a file into their Active Work Space (AWS) to work with it.   The maximum number of lines that can be imported is a parameter that can be set in Roscoe. However, the largest value for this parameter is 32000. It does not matter how many characters are on the line as long as it is not greater than 255. If the length of the line is greater than 255, you will not get an error, but the line will wrap and each line of the file will use up 2 lines in the AWS, reducing the total line limit to 16000.

You can have multiple AWS's, and bring in sections of a file.
    Read more at http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec583702.aspx

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thank you, Nancy CA  Support

• 3.  Re: Roscoe browse more than 16 mill records

Posted May 10, 2016 10:24 AM

Hello Nancy

Have no need to copy the dataset into the AWS. I know this is limited to 32000. That works fine for me.

Did set my PFkeys 10 to 'top' and 11 to 'bottom' of file. That resulted in only display of the first full screen of the file in both cases.

SAM   

• 4.  Re: Roscoe browse more than 16 mill records

Posted May 10, 2016 09:40 AM

Attaching a dataset over 16million lines will not allow to be pointed past the 16 millionth line.

When trying to go to the bottom of this Large dataset it will not be re-positioned. This is working as currently designed. 

We will look into allowing a large file, more then 16million lines to be scrolled through to the end.

This will require some work as it would also involve notes and points.

Thanks,

Wayne