InterTest

View Only
  • 1.  Can InterTest be used on a rd&t instance?, and if yes, any special action should be done to allow it?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 09:36 AM

Any body knows if this is feasible?

• 2.  Re: Can InterTest be used on a rd&t instance?, and if yes, any special action should be done to allow it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi Francisco,  By rd&t, I assume that you are referring to research, development, and testing.  That is exactly what InterTest for CICS and InterTest/Batch are designed to accomplish.  For programs under development in either environment (CICS or Batch) they are used to uncover actual or potential bugs before the programs or applications that they support are moved into production.  There is nothing special that needs to be done to accomplish this.  I hope I have interpreted your question correctly.  Thanks, Bob Galella.    

• 3.  Re: Can InterTest be used on a rd&t instance?, and if yes, any special action should be done to allow it?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 02:35 PM

Thank you Bob,

For RD&T, or zD&T instance  I'm referring to an IBM Rational environment for Dev and Testing which is a z/OS emulation on x86 processors.

My question is related to the possility to use InterTest in this emulation environment with the idea to debug Cobol objects created also in this emulation environment.

Regards

Paco Nieto

• 4.  Re: Can InterTest be used on a rd&t instance?, and if yes, any special action should be done to allow it?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 02:50 PM

If you can run CICS in this environment, I don’t think that this is a problem but truthfully, I have no idea what an IBM Rational Environment is.

Bob Galella

CA Technologies

Principal Support Engineer

Tel:  +1-609-583-9469

Fax: +1-609-583-3483

Robert.Galella@ca.com

<mailto:Robert.Galella@ca.com>[cid:image002.gif@01CE03BD.75CCA050]<http://www.ca.com/>

• 5.  Re: Can InterTest be used on a rd&t instance?, and if yes, any special action should be done to allow it?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 11:52 AM

Francisco, 

I have found out about the RD&T, or zD&T environment and InterTest for CICS can run on it as long as a customer has the special license to run our software in that environment.  I am sure you are aware of this restriction and wanted to get back to you with a response.  Again, as long as the special license is in place, the customer should be fine.    

• 6.  Re: Can InterTest be used on a rd&t instance?, and if yes, any special action should be done to allow it?

Posted Nov 07, 2016 12:59 PM

Thank you so much, yes I found a PPT in our Intranet providing all details I need.