View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  Location in Job Mode

Posted Jan 14, 2020 08:19 AM
    Is it possible to have column Location (Tape/Disk) in Job mode as it is in All mode?

------------------------------
    Radim Jasek

• 2.  RE: Location in Job Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2020 09:17 AM
    Hello Radim,

When viewing a CA View sysout in Job Mode, both the COLS command as well as the WHERE command should function the same as they do when you are in All Mode. Use of both/either of these commands should allow you to identify a columns location within a sysout. 

If these commands don't provide the column location that you are looking for, can you please clarify what you mean by column location? And, perhaps describe the problem you are having identifying the column location?

Best Regards,
    Scott London
    ca/Broadcom Support
    1-800-CALL-CAI

Sr Support Engineer - Mainframe
    CA Technologies a BROADCOM Company

• 3.  RE: Location in Job Mode
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2020 02:31 PM
    Hello again Radim,

My apologies. One of my Support colleagues has pointed out the error of my ways. Your recent support case (#20255960) was brought to my attention, and I now understand that your Community posted "discussion" is actually a request for a product enhancement. And, I understand what new functionality you are requesting.

Because it is a product enhancement request, your Community post should have been created as an IDEA via the Communities IDEATION page.

So, on your behalf, I have taken the liberty of opening the the product enhancement IDEA for you. Please access the Communities Ideation page and take a look at the IDEA entitled Add LOCation column to the "Job Selection List" screen when in CA View JOB Mode 

Once accessed, please make any necessary adjustments to the IDEA, and remember to attach to it by clicking FOLLOW.

Sorry for the confusion Radim!

Best Regards,
    Scott London
    ca/Broadcom Support
    1-800-CALL-CAI

• 4.  RE: Location in Job Mode

Posted Jan 15, 2020 02:15 AM

Hi Scott,

thanks for helping me addressing my request on proper place. I'm new in Communities and I wasn't sure how to open IDEA.

BR

Radim

• 5.  RE: Location in Job Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 08:49 AM
    Hi Radim,

I'm the product manager for View/Deliver/Spool/Web Viewer. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is a good idea, and other customers have requested this as well. I will add this to the product backlog.

Regards,
    Ed Blazejewski (ed.blazejewski@broadcom.com)

Product Manager Output Management
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Location in Job Mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2020 10:06 AM
    You're very welcome Radim!