View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  For CA View, currently Forward Recovery is supported only for reports collected with the SARSTC task. I would like to see this feature added for reports collected by SARFSS.

Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:03 AM

The product (CA VIEW) would be much more robust if the Forward Recovery feature, currently available only for reports collected by SARSTC,  were to be added for reports collected with SARFSS.

• 2.  Re: For CA View, currently Forward Recovery is supported only for reports collected with the SARSTC task. I would like to see this feature added for reports collected by SARFSS.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 12:29 PM

George,

Please submit this Question as an Idea, using the same verbiage, so that Development will review the request for consideration, for adding the functionality to View. Also, other Community members can vote on the Idea, which can possibly increase the consideration thereof.

Regards,

Bob Keefe

• 3.  Re: For CA View, currently Forward Recovery is supported only for reports collected with the SARSTC task. I would like to see this feature added for reports collected by SARFSS.

Posted Jan 25, 2017 03:44 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Bob,

I cannot find the place to enter an idea. The tutorial references pages that no longer seem to exist.

Where should I look?

George Williams

z/OS Sr. Systems Programmer

Georgia Innovation Center

george.williams@gm.com<mailto:george.williams@gm.com>

T +1.470.769.6236 | C +1 770.362.4476

• 4.  Re: For CA View, currently Forward Recovery is supported only for reports collected with the SARSTC task. I would like to see this feature added for reports collected by SARFSS.

Posted Jan 25, 2017 04:01 PM

From the CA View Landing page ( hopefully this link: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-output-management/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~category%5Bca-view%5D )  There should be a Action menu on the left of the screen.   The light bulb Idea should be one action.   I am going to test the link as I cut and pasted it to make sure it points to the right place.

• 5.  Re: For CA View, currently Forward Recovery is supported only for reports collected with the SARSTC task. I would like to see this feature added for reports collected by SARFSS.

Posted Jan 25, 2017 04:03 PM

I see that you were successful George!  Thank you ! 

• 6.  Re: For CA View, currently Forward Recovery is supported only for reports collected with the SARSTC task. I would like to see this feature added for reports collected by SARFSS.

Posted Jan 25, 2017 04:23 PM

Thank Bob for helping me. Your staff is terrific.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone