View/Deliver

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to do bulk printing in batch using CA view. I have an input with report id, generation # and sequence #. Using this as input i need to get the pdf of all the archived reports.

Anon Anon

Anon AnonJun 01, 2016 07:50 AM

• 1.  Is there a way to do bulk printing in batch using CA view. I have an input with report id, generation # and sequence #. Using this as input i need to get the pdf of all the archived reports.

Posted Jun 01, 2016 07:50 AM

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to do bulk printing in batch using CA view. I have an input with report id, generation # and sequence #. Using this as input i need to get the pdf of all the archived reports.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2016 10:59 AM

The  SARBCH /PRINT utility can be used in this case. The output will need to go to the Jes2 Output queue (you can code CLASS operand on the /PRINT command as well to override the classes that the print goes out in)  CA Spool can use the XFER interface to pick up output from the JES SPOOL then TRANSFORMED from AFP to PDF - so you need to ensure

that CA SPOOL is licensed for the Transformers - the transformation process will create your PDF file in the correct format.

If you are on CA View release level 12.2 there is a CA SPOOL interface that allows you to output directly to CA Spool rather then going to the JES SPOOL.  See the CA View 12.2 System Reference Guide for more information.