View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone know how to use different date formats for different View Databases?

Posted Jan 27, 2016 02:11 PM

I have five CA-View databases.  For one, I would very much like to use FEATURE=15 to display the job start/end times. The default panel for this, however, has only an 8-character Sysout ID field and I need something longer (like 12 characters), so I'm trying to adjust some of

the fields to gain a few positions. One easy thing would be to change the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to MM/DD/YY.

The manual lays out how to change the data format and it is pretty simple. BUT....

I only want this for ONE of the databases, not the other four.  I could probably do them all, but would much prefer not to.  My problem arises when I do the display of the sysouts in ISPF.

Since I want this for only one database, I created a special loadlib that contains only the SARDFMT module and zapped it to the 2-digit year. But I can't figure out a way to get ISPF to display using this module.

I tried LIBDEF ISPLLIB prior to calling CA-View (adding it to the LIBDEFs for ISPPLIB and ISPMLIB already used). But that didn't work; years were still 4-digits.  (ISPLIBD does show the right dataset is allocated; it's just not used)

I tried ISPLUSER, but that also still gave me 4-digit years

I can't use TSOLIB because this is invoked from menus when the user is already in ISPF.

I can get the zapped module by using a STEPLIB in the TSO proc, but then, of course, I get the 2-digit year for all of the CA-Views, not just the one I want.

I do not have a dynamic STEPLIB product, so that approach is out.

So -- Does anyone have an approach that would allow this?

It would be great/seem logical if this were actually an option in SARINIT. That would make it easy to use different formats for different databases. (Hint!  Hint!!)

Thanks -- Rebecca

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know how to use different date formats for different View Databases?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2016 04:07 PM

In the CVDECLS0 library, look at members HBRMSPF, HBRMTSO, and HBRMXSPF for examples using a dynamic
    concatenated STEPLIB.  .

• 3.  Re: Does anyone know how to use different date formats for different View Databases?

Posted Jan 29, 2016 04:19 PM

Thanks, Roxanne, but.... Been there. All the HBRM*'s in CVDECLS0 are examples predicated on having a dynamic STEPLIB product. I don't :-(      I'm looking for something that will have the same effect but without the dynamic STEPLIB.

I do however appreciate you answering  :-)

• 4.  Re: Does anyone know how to use different date formats for different View Databases?

Posted Feb 03, 2016 11:13 AM

Hello Rebecca,

If you are forced into a static enviornment then I would like to suggest using the XMS option; located in the CA View Install Guide.

Cross-Memory Drivers for Interfaces

You can use cross-memory services drivers to run the TSO, ISPF, and CA Roscoe online interfaces.

One of the advantages of using these drivers are; users are authorized by cross-memory drivers.

When you use the cross-memory services drivers for the ISPF, TSO, or CA Roscoe interfaces, users are authorized by cross-memory and do
    not also need authorization from the online interface (for example, TSO).

Roxanne Richardson

CA Support