View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  Using SARPAC for TAPE/DR TAPE Consolidation

Posted Oct 04, 2016 10:07 AM

We have several CA-VIEW databases that are more for archival and seldom accessed.  There are PRIMARY and DR tapes in the databases.  I would like to consolidate the tape volumes from 800MB IBM Virtual tape to 25GiB IBM virtual tape to cut down on the number of tape volumes, since the reports are seldom, if ever, accessed.  When running SARPAC, if the SARINIT parameters have DR tapes created, will they automatically be re-created as the virtual tapes are processed via SARPAC?  The documentation isn't clear.  I would like to change the media type and consolidate the DR copies of the SARTAPES also. 

• 2.  Re: Using SARPAC for TAPE/DR TAPE Consolidation
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:32 AM

Hello Mike,

Regarding the following posted questions:

When running SARPAC, if the SARINIT parameters have DR tapes created, will they automatically be re-created as the virtual tapes are processed via SARPAC?

Answer: Yes, a s far as SARPACing, DRUNITP specifies the tape unit name used by SARPAC

I would like to change the media type and consolidate the DR copies of the SARTAPES also.  

Answer: You would need to have the new media esoteric name specified in the DRUNITP parameter so when the SARPAC runs the new tape media would be used.

Let me know if this resolves your question.

Regards,

Roxanne Richardson
    CA Support

• 3.  Re: Using SARPAC for TAPE/DR TAPE Consolidation

Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:38 AM

Thanks so much.  That was what I had hoped would happen.