View/Deliver

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SARSTCUX - Isolate JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG

• 1.  SARSTCUX - Isolate JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG

Posted Apr 11, 2016 10:40 AM
      |   view attached

We have an in house modified version of the SARSTCUX exit, which was created to Isolate the JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG SYSOUT and archive them as a standalone report id named as the job name, suffixed with "JESL". All other SYSOUT is archived in a separate report id of just the job name.. excluding output that has CA/Deliver profiles defined on it.

On upgrading CA/View (and Deliver) to V12.1, I'm now finding that the exit is allowing all SYSOUT (excluding CA/Deliver profile controlled output), for each job, to be archived in the JES only report id (<jobname>JESL), and no report id of just jobname, is being created.

Example:

Job MYREPORT does a simple IEBGENER of a file to SYSUT2 (SYSOUT=*).... and there is no CA/Deliver profiles defined on the job:

Originally this would result in two reports archived in CA/View,

MYREPORTJESL - Which contained the JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG SYSOUT from the job

MYREPORT - Which contained the SYSUT2 output.

Now with Version 12.1, this results in a single report,

MYREPORTJESL - Which contains JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG/SYSUT2 output from the job.

Could someone that knows the SARSTCUX, take a look at our exit (attached) and see what might need changing with the new release?

Thanks!!

Tony

Attachment(s)

zip
    SARSTCUX.txt.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: SARSTCUX - Isolate JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG

Posted Apr 11, 2016 04:42 PM

Hello Tony,

My name is Roxanne, I would be more than happy assist you in reviewing the SARSTCUX.  If it is ok with you, I would like to open a case in Support Online and pursue it within the case also.

Regards,

Roxanne

CA Support  

• 3.  Re: SARSTCUX - Isolate JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG

Posted Apr 12, 2016 06:49 AM

Sure! Thanks!

• 4.  Re: SARSTCUX - Isolate JESMSGLG/JESJCL/JESSYSMSG

Posted Apr 20, 2016 03:28 PM

Case 00365172 created for this question.