View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  LOAD a SAR DB UNLOAD into a PDS

Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:34 AM

Hello,

I was hoping I could get some advice as I am not sure what to do with my current situation.

A customer has asked that additional output is sent to their SAR Database, but they need to keep the job outputs forever and in the database there are also reports with the same name as the jobs.

The current Database has ERO settings which means reports are kept for 80 days, but this means the jobs are also only kept for 80 days, and this is bad as the customer needs to keep these jobs forever.

So I set up an additional SARSTC and Database to take the job outputs only and everything is fine, except they are losing the jobs that were initially moved into the first SAR DB as 80 days has passed.

I am not sure how to move the jobs from this Database, it is difficult to tell which are jobs and which are reports without looking inside each, and there are many. If I was to change the ERO to keep the jobs forever then all the reports would be kept forever and we cannot do that.

I got the idea to UNLOAD the database as it is just now and LOAD it into a PDS if possible and when I had time, manually delete any reports and leave the jobs in there, that way they could keep the job outputs. I saw in the manual however for the LOAD control statement this:

The destination database must be a new and unused database.

So I do not think my idea will work. Can anyone suggest anything else which may allow me to keep the job outputs forever without keeping all the reports too?

Thank you very much,

Raymond

• 2.  Re: LOAD a SAR DB UNLOAD into a PDS

Posted Sep 30, 2015 09:23 AM

Hello Ray,

CA View has utilites that may be able to help.  For instance, CA View has a Selective Unload that can be used to remove certain reports or jobs from the database.

However as you say, we have to devise a way to separate the jobs from the reports.  In order to proceed to get a resolution for you, we would appreciate it if you opened a case in Support Online so we can gather the needed documentation and work together to resolve this situation.

Thank you,

Cheryl Stimpfl
    Principal Support Engineer

CA Technologies Technical Support

Tel:  +1-609-583-9671 Option 1
    Cheryl.Stimpfl@ca.com

• 3.  Re: LOAD a SAR DB UNLOAD into a PDS

Posted Oct 14, 2015 06:25 AM

Hi Cheryl, thank you for your reply!

Apologies for my late response.

In the end it was decided that we would unload the SAR DB and then load it into a brand new temp DB with no archive options setup, so the customer can delete everything that was not needed in there and keep anything that is important.

Not the cleanest solution but it helped us from losing outputs everyday.

Thank you again for your help and advice!

Ray