View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  z13 compatability - CA-View

Posted Apr 05, 2016 04:15 PM

Howdy,

We're getting ready for our new box and I've been unable to locate if our version of CA-View will be compatible. Using this link:

z13 Compatibility Matrix - CA Technologies

It says that we need to be up to CA-View 12.1, is this the case? We'll be moving through our software stack after the z13 upgrade and View is on the list to be upgraded, but we'd like to get the box in first if possible.

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: z13 compatability - CA-View

Posted Apr 05, 2016 05:01 PM

Hello Garth - Do you have access to the Support Online Z/OS Compatibilities at this link?

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/MSPSaccount/COMPAT/zos_compat.HTML

This should reflect the current information for z13 and the supported releases of CA View.

If you are running an unsupported release, there will be no certification. 

• 3.  Re: z13 compatability - CA-View

Posted Apr 05, 2016 05:13 PM

Kathy,

I looked at the site you linked but I do not see any hardware compatabilities, only operating systems versions.

We are currently running CA-View 11.6 (unsupported) on our production system, and just need to know if we can keep it at that version while we migrate from a z196 to a z13. Once we're on the new hardware we'll upgrade our vendor products.

• 4.  Re: z13 compatability - CA-View
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:05 AM

Sorry Garth,

The Link that I should have provided is:

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/MSPSaccount/COMPAT/IBM_hardware.HTML

Again only supported releases are indicated.

CA View has not been historically software dependent..... BUT because 11.6 has not been supported for an extended period of time I urge you to proceed with extreme caution.  CA will be unable to provide you with solutions and upgrading may be your only alternative should you encounter a problem.  If your acceptance testing timeframe would not be sufficient to upgrade before moving to production, you should consider upgrading on your current CPU.   Note that new LMP keys will be needed for the new hardware.

I encourage other community members to provide feedback if they have experience with 11.6 and z13 processors that may be helpful here.  

• 5.  Re: z13 compatability - CA-View

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 06:08 PM

Hello Garth,

The reason why there are no hardware compatibilities shown with either CA View or CA Deliver is because both of those products are hardware-independent, along with the other mainframe Output Management products.

You can migrate the View 11.6 and Deliver 11.6 to any hardware running the z/OS operating system.

If there will be a new CPU serial number, please be sure that this change is reflected in your product Licenses and Keys.

As View 11.6 and Deliver 11.6 are both in drop-support status, please plan to upgrade them at an early opportunity.

From 11.6, 12.1 is the highest currently-supported level you can upgrade to.

The View/Deliver support group would be happy to review any upgrade plan, or answer any questions about upgrading you may have.