View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 18, 2015 04:46 AM

Hello all!

I have an existing SARSTC which sends output with message class 9 to database SAR.DATABASE1

I set this up by using the following SYSIN and SARINIT utility:

//SYSIN  DD  * 

NAME=SAR.DATABASE1

CLSL=9 

I need to create another database to take outputs with message class 5 as they cannot be in the same database:

//SYSIN  DD  * 

NAME=SAR.DATABASE2

CLSL=5

I aim to create the new database SAR.DATABASE2

Can I use the same SARSTC to send these outputs to another database? I know in the STC PROC the SAR.DATABASE1 is defined in there, so I am not sure if one SARSTC can use two databases?

I have looked in the manual but cannot seem to find any information on this. Also, is there any information in the CA View manuals for setting up new STC's in case I need to do that?

Thank you in advance for any assistance on this.

Raymond

• 2.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 18, 2015 09:08 AM

Hello Ray,

CA View allows only one SARSTC task for each different database.  In your case, you will have to create a different SARSTC task for the 2nd database.  

In the Installation Guide, check the chapter on "Starting your Product".  In the section, "How to Configure without CA /MSMCSM",

then go to the step labeled "Add the Archival Task Start Procedure". this step will instruct you on the process of creating a new task for the new database.

Regards,

Cheryl Stimpfl

Principal Support Engineer

CA Technologies Technical Support

Tel:  +1-609-583-9671 Option 1
    Cheryl.Stimpfl@ca.com

• 3.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 18, 2015 09:56 AM

Hi Cheryl!

Thank you for your rapid response, it is appreciated!

I will try that now and let you know how I get on!

Thank you!!

Ray

• 4.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 04:34 AM

Hi Cheryl!

So I created a new SARSTC and SAR database and have a couple of things I am not sure about.

I created an ISPF panel entry for my new database but when I try and access it I get this error:
    *** PANEL SARP00   NOT FOUND ***

I do not get this issue with the other databases, have you ever seen this before?

Also, I would like to test my new SARSTC, I have initialized the database but would like to set it up to take no classes, is there a way to set this parameter to take nothing? Leaving it blank takes all classes I believe:
    CLSL=xxxxxxxx

Thank you very much!

Ray

• 5.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 09:30 AM

Hello Ray,

I am glad to help you out.

The “ *** PANEL SARP00   NOT FOUND *** “ is issued when you have not run the SARDBASE Oload job to load the panels into the database.  Before running the Oload job, review the SARJCL1 member to verify that the correct steplib is used or that the steplib statement is removed from the member if using the linklist.  You will also want to run the SARDBASE Bload to load the banners into the database.  The Bload and the Oload can be run in the same step in the SARDBASE job.

To run the SARSTC started task without picking up anything, Set the Form to something that is NEVER used at your shop.

For example:

Assume that you have set:

CLSL=A

FORM=Z999

CA View will only pick up output from class A if the FORM=Z999.  All other output in class A will be ignored.

Best Regards,

Cheryl

• 6.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 10:10 AM

Hi Cheryl!

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

I ran the OLOAD job and that fixed my problem thanks for that!

I will now set up the parameters to make sure it does not pick up anything for testing, I started my task yesterday with CLSL set to blank and this ended up taking quite a lot of outputs, I soon realised and stopped the task. Do you know if it is at all possible to move these outputs back to the JES spool at all, I do not know if that is possible.

Thank you again for all your help, it is appreciated!!!

Ray

• 7.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 21, 2015 08:38 AM

Hi Cheryl, I have another question for you

Since I used OLOAD to bring in all the panels I see now when I open up my new database I now see a welcome panel called SARPISV2

The customer does not want to see that panel, is there I can remove this from the Database using OLOAD, perhaps an exclude or something?

Thank you very much!!

Ray

• 8.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 21, 2015 09:33 AM

Hello Ray,

The "Welcome screen" or the Logo panel that comes up first is controlled by the LOGO initializxation parameter.  Run the SARINIT job with LOGO=NO  which will turn off the LOGO panel from being displayed.  

Just for your information :  

If you ever want to change any of the panels, the command for determining the member name for any of the CA View or CA Deliver panels is HELP PANEL  This command is typed on the command line.  Then press Enter and the member name in the CVDEPENU library is the first name that appears in the upper right hand corner of the scxreen.  Make any changes you want  to the member in the CVDEPENU library  and run the OLOAD to load the changed panel into the database.  

Regards,

Cheryl 

• 9.  Re: Can I use one SAR STC to send outputs to different SAR Databases?

Posted Aug 25, 2015 04:12 AM

Thank you for all the great information and help, you have made my life much easier

Ray