CA 1 Flexible Storage

View Only
  • 1.  Has anybody used the CA1 Tape - CTSTI (TAPE info) app in Batch?

Posted Oct 17, 2016 04:59 AM

I've tried to write a Rexx utility to gather info about GDG-s on Tape (=Size of the datasets, practically).
    The CTSTI utility is an ISPF application, insofar, if I call it from my Rexx, it shows the ISPF Panel which is unpractical from a batch flow.
    My question: if I use it as ISPF, I can supress the panel, but I cannot access the returned panel variable8s)  "#TNUMB" etc., because the CTSTI deletes these vars from the pool (and don't stores them in the shared pool).
    Or is there still a chance to get these somehow?

Alternatively, can I get the tape size info from a batch job?

Thanks/Greets,

Gabor

• 2.  Re: Has anybody used the CA1 Tape - CTSTI (TAPE info) app in Batch?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2016 09:45 AM

There is a new fix out that gives you an EARL program that will give you the amount of data stored on each tape.  The test fix number is   rel 12.6  TR91868 and   rel 14.0 TR91867.   If you would like this fix, please open a case in support online and we can attach it to your case and you will be able to download it.  

Carolyn Ray   CA 1 level 1 support

• 3.  Re: Has anybody used the CA1 Tape - CTSTI (TAPE info) app in Batch?

Posted Oct 18, 2016 02:33 AM

Hello Carolyne,

thanks for the tip; I'll forward it to our Storage Team.

Neverthless, is there a "Rexx-way" to get this info? With other words: is there a Rexx API to the CA1 Tape environment?

Regards,

Gabor

• 4.  Re: Has anybody used the CA1 Tape - CTSTI (TAPE info) app in Batch?

Posted Oct 18, 2016 10:11 AM

I must admit I am not a REXX expert.  I am also not aware of a REXX API in CA 1.  

Carolyn Ray