CA 1 Flexible Storage

View Only
  • 1.  How to Move from CA1 Release to the next

Posted Feb 20, 2017 06:36 PM

I was wondering if it might be better if the CA1 Software could determine what level it is at and then activate itself correctly?

I am thinking that updating the RIM each time is becoming bothersome.  And if CA1 could determine what is being loaded, that would allow me to do dynamic updates or reduce outages.

So just thinking outside the box.  What if CA1 had a DSECT it queried at start up.  This DSECT would have the data needed for CA1 to come up or install/deinstall/activate/deactivate components as needed rather than making the customer have to terminate CA1 with the Master Profile/Password. LLA Refresh, then start with the correct RIM Parms.

What does anyone think about this?

Lizette

• 2.  Re: How to Move from CA1 Release to the next

Posted Feb 28, 2017 02:28 PM

Lizette,

The instructions for upgrading to a new release are pretty straight forward. Yes, you have to change the CAIRIM control statements, but you do NOT have to shut-down CA 1. 

One problem with the idea of always just activating "whatever is found in the linklist" is that if for some reason the link-list is pointing to the older release we would automatically just back-level CA 1. By having the CAIRIM control statement load a module that is release dependent it makes sure that we are activating the release you think should be active. Rather than just activating whatever release is included in the linklist.